“This place was great - but it is now CLOSED.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Waynesville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place was great - but it is now CLOSED.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Big Mountain is CLOSED...I am supposed to write 100 character so this will get posted. We loved this place they just had a bad location...had to move from a great location. Too bad

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shancymarie

Boca Raton
“OUT OF BUSINESS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This restaurant is no longer in existence. so disappointed to find it gone this summer....they had great BBQ even though the locations was lousy

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michigan
“I was gonna do a carry out but ate in anyway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I walked in around 6 and asked for a carry out menu, they didn't have any so I snapped a few shots of their house version and left looking for alternative dining downtown.
But I decided to return after yelping and tAing the local restaurants.

When I returned , they seemed confused that I wanted to eat there. Having a look on their face like "what do yoooouu want?, restrooms are for customers only!" But I told then I wanted to dine and grabbed a seat in a two place table in a mostly empty restaurant around 6:30 pm.

There is counter seating and perhaps that's where single diners are expected to land as they enter the restaurant instead of at a table.

I ordered a rib plate that came with cobbler and a layered salad as sides.
the ribs were at best only ok...the sauces of which there were 4 only the yellow mustard one was good the rest were ......eh. There is a decent amount of Microwaving going on so maybe they are heating things up that are cooled like cobbler .

The cobbler was some form of berry...and it was OK
the layered salad was the first one I've ever had at a BBQ joint and it was decent.

Service was OK once they decided I was a customer and not someone just seeking out the pee poo. (which I never did use).

• Visited April 2013
Asheville NC
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Best BBQ in Western North Carolina, great prices too. very down home atmosphere...go there for the food only. love it. friendly staff

Visited January 2013
Orlando
“Strange Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We found this place (not easy) on Dec 26th around 6:30pm. The place was empty when we arrived and that is always disconcerting. We even asked if the place was open for business when we walked in.

The girl sat us down and gave us the menus. Then she told us "We are out of Brisket, Chicken and we have only one more serving of ribs." In a state of disbelief I asked just what was left to eat? She said that they had pork left. Good thing we are not Jewish!

We were hungry and ordered several pulled pork dinners and I took the last of the ribs. The meats were decent, but the side dishes seemed old.

The final weirdness we got was then the girl asked if we wanted the check split up?!? We were obviously a family of four (myself, wife, and son and daughter). I think she opened her mouth before she put thought into what she was asking.

Definitely not the best BBQ nor even a great BBQ experience. From what we experienced, it looked like the place was hanging on by a thread.

I would advise the owner, that even though you might lose some money by having your full menu available all the time, you have to give your customers what you offer on the menu. It also has to be fresh and tasty. Those are restaurant business lessons 101.

It is a big disappointment when somebody wants BBQ chicken or ribs and at 6:30pm... you are "out" of that offering unless it was a special or something. These are reasons not to come back and it looks to me like you need every customer you can get.

• Visited December 2012