“A Wonderful Bed and Breakfast”

Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Wonderful Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

My family and I just returned from a relaxing and beautiful Memorial Day weekend at the Andon-Reid Bed and Breakfast. I had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before, but what a wonderful place! I didn't expect to have such a variety of things to do at the house. From a game room in the basement that offers a pool table and shuffle board, to the workout area, or the movie area, or just sitting back in a rocking chair with a good book and a spectacular view of the mountains, the Andon-Reid has something to offer for everyone. Ron and Rachel were so welcoming and accomodated our every need and breakfast was just fantastic. The house is absolutely georgeous with a different theme in every guest room. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. I would highly recommend the Andon-Reid Bed and Breakfast to anyone who might be traveling to the Waynesville area.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

A beautiful inn that is clean, has a relaxing ambience, and considerate innkeepers. As new innkeepers, Ron and Rachel have found their niche. They have created a warm, comfortable, friendly inn and their welcome makes you feel like you are at home. They have commercial exercise equipment that is outstanding. Rachel will be well-known for her delicious breakfasts before too long (that's where the exercise equipment comes in handy!). Their attention to detail is evident in everything from the bathsoaps to the many DVD's in the game room. I cannot wait to return!

Patti Becker
Boca Raton, FL

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2007

All my life I stayed in beautiful, well known hotels in Europe and the US.
This past summer I went to a party at a friend's home and met a lovely person, who told me about a wonderful experience she had at the Andon-Reid B&B at Waynesville ,NC. Never did I think I would want to try this way of vacationing, but I did. First, I located their site on line and then got in touch with Andon-Reid B&B with their toll-free number. Rachel, the owner filled me in with much information and I booked a room for the Thanksgiving holiday. Seeing is believing. Viewing this place on line does not do it justice. First of all, when I arrived I was greeted so warmly by Rachel and Ron Reid, the owners. This historical home is 3500 ft. on top of a small mountain in the Smokies.The furnishings are beautiful and charming and I felt so welcome. They asked my preferences for breakfast. Four courses! So delicious and served so beautifully. Better than I could have imagined. The Reids gave me much info about the quaint town of Waynesville. There are many beautiful antique stores, excellent restaurants and places of interest. I chose to take a few side trips and went to the Biltmore Estate and the Cherokee reservation. Also, one can hike in the mountains and if desired, Rachel will pack a picnic for guests who wish to spend a few hours away in the afternoon. The rooms are beautifully furnished and each has fresh coffee and a coffee pot, an iron and ironing board, bathrobe, chocolate favors and a stunning view of the surrounding hills. In the morning one will find several newpapers and magazines for their pleasure.They have a great room with a large TV and that was a favorite place to spend time. In the afternoon, one will find fresh home made biscotti and cookies. Also, Rachel and Ron are personal trainers and have many years of experience between them. They have professional equipment for working out. Had to work off the goodies! Also, there is a game room with pool table, etc. I almost forgot to mention that every single room has a fireplace. The place was spotless and that was so important for me. A wonderful experience and I look forward to going there again.
Ms. E Simon

Stayed November 2006
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2006

The rooms are clean, welcoming, pleasant, comfortable. Everything you hope to find in a B & B but rarely do. This is truly one of the ten best inns in the country. The hosts are not only friendly and accomodating, they will make you feel like a treasured family member. The Inn is impeccable. The breakfast phenomenal. A true treat.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2006

My family of 4 had the opportunity to spend 1 night at the Andon House in December (we were also accompanied by my sister and nephew). We had 4 of the 5 rooms and each of the rooms, although of different sizes and decor, were all very nicely decorated, extremely comfortable and one of the cleanist B&B that we have ever stayed in. The house also had a rec room downstairs with TV and many different activities that everyone, young and younger, all enjoyed. Ann and Don were wonderful hosts and Don cooks an incredible 4-course breakfast. My entire group of 6 highly recommends the Andon House, we hope to visit again next year. Thanks Ann and Don.

• Stayed December 2005
Tuscaloosa Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2006

When the inn we had chosen to stay in for my birthday and new years did not have space for the days preceding, we found the Andon on the internet. We were very pleasantly surprised and didn’t really want to leave to go to the other inn. Ann and Don probably the two best innkeepers we have encountered in our travels. The inn itself has been restored beautifully. It was apparent that Don and Ann prefer to do things the right way and even the bathroom fixtures were of the highest quality. The downstairs recreation room was wonderful as was the common area on the first floor. Breakfast was excellent and I was impressed that they had remembered that my husband and I preferred a low carb diet; they even remembered my birthday and led everyone in happy birthday at breakfast . We arrived before other guests and were given a tour of all of the rooms. All are beautifully appointed. The Stepanie Ann room was large and looked as if it would be a very pleasant place to spend time, with its love seat before the fireplace and its enclosed porch. Our room was Grands Library and the large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub was especially nice. An added plus was that it was on the first floor. We had never visited Waynesville, which was another very pleasant surprise, and appreciated the fact that Ann and Don had menus from local restaurants. All in all, this was one of the best of our many travel experiences and I hope that we will have an opportunity to return again. Unfortunately most of our travels are dictated by business and organization obligations and we have no choice about where to go or stay. The Andon is one place that we will take time to travel to again for our own pleasure.

Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2004

My husband and I had a truly memorable time at the Andon House. After a full day of fly fishing imagine the bliss of soaking in an enormous bubble bath centered in a fabulous mahogany panelled bathroom with fireplace (fake but still pretty cool)! The Library Suite was romantic and cozy with multiple rocking chairs and nooks to read and relax. Breakfast was yummy and the front porch just perfect for Fall leaf peeping. The common areas are very unique, spacious, and welcoming.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
BEST WESTERN Smoky Mountain Inn
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
#1 of 19 in Waynesville
The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road

Been to Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!