1,015 results
All reviewspool tableexercise equipmentthe grand library suiteshuffle boardcarriage housebed and breakfastmountain view roomblue ridge roomchestnut roommy husband and igame room downstairssun roomwonderful hostscommon roomother guestsgreat roomattention to detail
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Most mornings as I prepare my cup of coffee I pull out my favorite mug, my Andon Reid BB souvenir mug. It's been probably 6 years since being at your inn but as I sit down with my morning cup of coffee I reminisce about our peaceful time spent at your BB. It was so serene and your hospitality terrific. Good memories. Just thought I'd let you know the impact you have on people's lives that goes above and beyond an enjoyable vacation.
Enjoy your day....I know I am going to enjoy mine. It had a great start!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
andonreidinn, Owner at Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

That’s a really touching review. Thank you so much. We have owned the Andon-Reid Inn for the last 3 years and we have to agree with you, we have found it to be a really special place in beautiful location with wonderful guests. We consider ourselves very lucky to live and work here. We hope you will be able to visit the Inn soon so we can meet you and you can experience some of the upgrades and changes we have made.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Booking was great; received a call back immediately from Andrea to assist finding an open date for me, my husband and parent's for a 57th anniversary for them. We didn't need to even leave the house - so comfortable from the shared living room and game room areas to the detailed and well-appointed bedrooms. All the little touches - home-made snacks and serve-yourself bar area with teas, coffee, cocoa - fantastic! The scenery outside had us walking the house's deck on all sides and out into the huge back yard to view the mountains. My parents set to work on a puzzle set out for anyone to work in the shared living room - nice couples to talk to in and out as well. Andrea and George were fantastic hosts and thought of everything. Will be back to see them and the fantastic town of Waynesville! Thank you both for everything!
Tara and Richard

Room Tip: Had the Library and Garden Rooms - both excellent!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
andonreidinn, Owner at Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you all enjoyed your stay at the Andon-Reid Inn. As you said, the Inn is a marvelous place to hang out, great mountain views, comfortable porches, patio and lawns and a games room with pool table, shuffleboard, darts, workout equipment, TV lounge & more. You can stay occupied for hours so we’re not surprised that you and your parents stuck close to home. That said we are only half a mile from charming downtown Waynesville, right at the heart of the Smoky Mountains and just a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway so there are also great opportunities to get out and about. Maybe you can check them out on your next visit.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

George & Andrea deliver a warm welcome & an excellent experience, with the Smoky Mountains providing a great backdrop. The breakfasts were beautifully curated & tasted incredible, with a different food & place setting for each day. Cozy bedrooms & facilities with all you could need. Even made myself use the gym equipment downstairs (not sure that compensated for the breakfasts though!). Help with the small issues (pine sap on the hire car) was greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Room Tip: Mountain View for the photo opportunity shared below.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo

Many thanks for the wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Andon-Reid Inn. We are particularly pleased that you made good use of workout equipment in the games room. The equipment is professional standard (installed by the second innkeepers the Reids) and we are sure that the machines enjoy getting a little exercise themselves. We know the UK is far away but hope that you will be back to visit with us sometime.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

My husband and I decided on very short notice to attend the Asheville Art Festival, and were delighted to discover George & Andrea had a room available! On our previous visits we had the Carriage House Suite, but due to the short notice, on Andrea’s recommendation, we booked the Library Suite instead. We were absolutely delighted! It offered plenty of space, a gorgeous bath suite and the usual cozy, comfy bed. The breakfasts are tasty & amazing; these phenomenal folks even remembered my bizarre dietary requirements.
You couldn’t find a more comfortable, welcoming B&B in the area; if you want peaceful, accommodations near Asheville, NC with incredible service and outstanding views, you cannot do better than Andon-Reid.

Room Tip: For privacy, the Carriage Suite is separate from the house and ideal; but all the rooms are great.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

It was all our good fortunes that a last minute cancellation made the Library Suite available for your stay. All of our rooms and suites at the Andon-Reid Inn have their own charm and character – the Carriage House suite is private and romantic, while the Grand Library suite is our most historic and boasts a second fireplace facing the jacuzzi tub (great in the fall, winter and early spring). Dietary requirements are not a problem for us (providing we get a little notice) and we are happy to adjust ingredients to allow all guests to enjoy a comparable breakfast experience. Thank you for staying with us again and taking the time to write this great review. Come back soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

One way I measure my comfort level in a new B&B is the speed with which I am able to decompress during my stay. I would guess this is true for most people whether it be through exercise, a beautiful view, good food, a friendly pet, a nice chat or the challenge of a jigsaw puzzle. Andon Reed offers all of this and so much more it is no wonder it is listed as one of the top 25 B&Bs in the U.S. The main Inn is beautifully decorated - comfortable, clean and welcoming with snacks, drinks and goodies. One asset not usually found in B&Bs is an exercise room /game room in the finished basement. A large surround porch with several seating areas provides a lovely view of the mountains. We booked a stay in the carriage house suite located just a few steps from the main inn. It is quite spacious with soft colors, excellent lighting, fireplace, and lots of amenities. We especially appreciated the walk-in shower, jetted tub and thoughtful touches including a lighted make-up mirror, flashlights and well-placed night light. A dish of cookies and a hand-written welcome note made all the difference. Gourmet breakfasts and evening deserts showcased Andrea’s obvious culinary talents. If you are staying in the Waynesville area I highly recommend you put Andon Reed at the top of your accommodations list. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hardshell65

Thank you for this excellent and enlightening review. Comfort and relaxation are an absolute necessity and the lovely mountain views and handy location of the Andon-Reid Inn are a good first step. Unwinding can also be helped along by having those little necessities, luxuries and small touches to hand so we try to anticipate our guest’s needs and provide them. From your review it sounds like we have succeeded and that makes us very happy. We really appreciate your recommendation and hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.