“Our 6th Visit”

Ranked #2 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
High Point, NC
“Our 6th Visit”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We are going back to Andon-Reid in a few weeks for our 6th visit. We began going when Ron & Rachel owned the B&B. They were wonderful hosts and we thought the new owners could never improve on it. Unbelievable!!! Renovations, wonderful meals, fantastic hosts. It is better than ever. This will be our 2nd trip in less than 6 months and we cant wait to visit again. Whether you are a seasoned B&B'er of Your first visit you will love this beautiful place from the moment you arrive.

Room Tip: We enjoy the suite downstairs, large and spacious, with a large bathroom and fireplace
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Husband took me to Andon-Reid for my birthday. It was our first time at a B&B and we are now spoiled. Stayed in the Carriage House, a new "garage" behind the actual inn. The website is completely accurate - accommodations were perfect. Mark greeted us as soon as we arrived, introduced us to Kari and took us for a tour of the inn. Rooms were large with beautiful views; game room downstairs with a tv, shuffleboard, pool table, board games, steam room & exercise equipment; comfortable sitting room with cozy sofas; and amazing breakfast & dinner. Dinner was Chicken Parmesan/Chicken & Shrimp Alfredo with homemade sauce and hand-cranked noodles. Loved the selection of loose teas, and they were so sweet to sing happy birthday to me with dessert. Mark & Kari were fabulous hosts and very knowledgeable about the area.

If you're looking for a peaceful, beautiful get-away with the sweetest hosts, this is definitely the place!

Room Tip: Carriage House is separate from main inn. Secluded, beautiful, spa tub, body shower, fireplace and...
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The property is very special. The owners have continued to improve on what has always been a very beautiful home and garden. The rooms are all unique and uniformly elegant. As with all B&B's the host makes the difference and we found both Marc and Keri charming and engaging.

Room Tip: Consult with innkeeper for help in choosing room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I wanted to do something new for my fiancé for her birthday. I originally looked at the Biltmore, but decided that I would rather stay at a B&B. I searched for a few near Asheville and the And on-Reid Inn was the number one rated B&B in the area, so without any hesitation I made my reservation.

When we first arrived, we were greeted by the sweetest woman imaginable, Kari. She was very welcoming and inviting. She introduced herself and welcomed us to the Inn. She then gave us a tour of the house. While doing so, she informed us of the Inn's history. Once the tour was over, she showed us to our room: The Grand Library Suite (remember that name).

The Grand Library Suite is an amazing room. It's in the front of the house with large windows for natural light. It's features include: humungous bathroom, two fireplaces (one in the bedroom/one in the bathroom), luxurious spa-like jacuzzi, large shower, and a great king sized bed. The sheets feel as if they were hand woven by angels. The softest I've ever slept on.

We arrived a little earlier than expected so we didn't get to meet Kari's husband, Mark, when we arrived. However, he's just as kind as she is. They're both very hospitable. Staying at the And on-Reid is more like visiting old friends that you haven't seen in a while. There's a great sense of belonging with a family-like atmosphere; they do a great job of making everyone comfortable during their stay.

The food is great as well. I should have mentioned my dairy allergy before arriving. I didn't eat much because I am lactose intolerant. I did, however, have some great pancakes that were entirely cheese-based.

All in all, my experience was top notch. I can't wait to go back. We both loved it. The next time we go, we'll bring family so they can enjoy the Andon-Reid Inn just as much as we did.

We you go tell them Jordan sent you.

Room Tip: Two rooms that you shouldn't overlook: Carriage House Suite and the Grand Library Suite. I staye...
1 Thank Jordan M
Ellenboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I spent New Years at the Andon Reid - an oasis of calm and charm. We have stayed at many B&B's around the country, but this one stands above them all. The Inn is lovely. We had one of the smaller rooms, and it couldn't have been more comfortable. Marc and Keri were so warm and welcoming and couldn't have taken better care of us. Even though they are younger then us, it felt like we were coming home each night to a nurturing Mom and Dad! They are committed to taking care of their guests and that is a rare experience in today's world.

Nolensville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was so disappointed!! So disappointed to learn that Mark and Kari treated everyone as family. They really made us feel so special. Just like family. My husband and I have stayed in too many B & B across the country and abroad to count. Beyond any doubt this was the best ever. After owning a Tea Room of my own, I hounded Mark for recipes he served at breakfast . And there was always fresh dessert each evening. Rooms were appointed beautifully and CLEAN. I'll close with saying Mark sent us on our way with fresh snickerdoodles!! Never had that happen before. He's the only innkeeper I've ever hugged good-bye!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank marcia r
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Maybe the best b &b overall that we have ever stayed in. Large , luxuriously appointed and recently redone rooms , sitting area. & grounds. The real charm is the gracious proprietors who treat guests as family.from the breakfasts to bedtime one cannot do better staying in the area.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!