New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast

Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 20 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Magnificant two days at the Andon-Reid Inn.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My friend came from Nottingham, England to visit me. She wanted to see moutains and a friend at work recommended Waynesville. I had never been there and decided that would be a great place to visit with wonderful vistas and mountains. I did an internet search for B & B's in the area and found the Andon-Reid Inn. I called and talked to Mark. He was so delightful and so excited to tell me about the Inn that I immediately booked a room. What a great decision. Mark and Kari are wonderful innkeepers. The Inn is simply beautiful and one immediately feels "at home" in this grand house. The attention to every tiny detail is seen everywhere one looks. Our room was wonderful and very well appointed with a lovely fireplace and comfortable chairs. Food was great and Mark's afternoon sweets were wonderful.

I can't wait to go back, and I cannot recommend this Inn enough. It is truly the best Inn I have stayed in. Put this on your list of places you must go.

Room Tip: I viewed all the rooms and I have to say, they are all lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Candice S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Andon-Reid Inn and loved it. The innkeepers, Mark and Kari, were so hospitable and attended to our every need. The accommodations were very upscale. We stayed in the carriage house. The bathroom was the best-heated floors, multiple head shower and separate jacuzzi tub. The breakfast was beyond expectations. Each afternoon was greeted with a fresh homemade pastry. The evenings were spent relaxing around the fire pit with an unbelievable view of the mountains. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! We encourage anyone seeking accommodations in the Waynesville, NC area to stay here.

Room Tip: The Carriage room is highly recommended.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lu M
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was by far the best B & B we have ever stayed in. Mark and Keri are great hosts, who were so warm and welcoming that you don't want to leave. We had three wonderful days there and completely agree would all the fantastic comments on the other reviews. The location, the hosts and the area make this a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Carriage suite is amazing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling through Waynesville and decided at the last minute to rearrange our plans and stay one night in Waynesville. I would have been fine with staying at an inexpensive hotel so that we could be on our way the next morning, but he wanted a nicer place to settle for the evening. Fortunately the carriage house was available (highly recommend!!!) and our trip " through" Waynesville turned into a two night stay IN Waynesville, simply so that we could enjoy this bed and breakfast!!! The owners are incredible, and every want & need was attended to. We look forward to stopping here again one day!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sanslark
Vineland, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

One of my dreams before I die was to see our old homestead In Waynsville, NC. We left there when I was 4, and on June 30th I turned 65. As a gift to me, my Sister, Mary Yurcheniuk, made reservations at the Andon-Reid Inn B & B. We stayed in the Carriage Suite, which is the most beautiful place in the world. In the main house, all the rooms are just as gorgeous. No TV, no radio, no computers, and no other usual distractions. Those things are in the Garden room and the Dayroom. The breakfasts are FABULOUS, and the Proprietors are the nicest people in the world. We didn't go sightseeing because we were so comfortable and at peace with God's creations along with man's, that we just stayed around the inn, enjoying the peace, and looking at the mountains. I would travel from anywhere to stay at this inn. Anyone who goes anywhere else will miss out on the most Godlike experience of a lifetime. You'd have to go there to believe what I am staying. I do not like to travel, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will go there every year for as long as I can move around. God Bless the Proprietors of Andon-Reid for the complimentary birthday wine, for bringing out umbrellas so their customers won't get wet when it rained, and just for being there for us in every way possible to make our stay such a wonderful and Blessed event. We will remember you forever for your kindness and wonderfulness. Thank You. There aren't enough stars to rate this "PARADISE ON EARTH".

Room Tip: All the rooms are EXQUISITE. Any room that is chosen is a TERRIFIC comfort and WONDER. "I LOVE...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Olga R
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Jeanette and I stayed two nights in this incredible inn,the ambience and laid back feel to this place is to be savoured.The welcome from the hosts,Kari and Marc and their continued hospitality throughout the stay was heartfelt and appreciated.Marc's tray bakes and breakfasts were tastes delights.Go on line and get photographs from andonreidinn.com as my words could not do the inn justice.We left having made friends with the other guests but in particular Marc and Keri,thanks for the good time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Two friends and I came here for a girlfriend's getaway a few months before I had my first baby. The room was immaculate, the shower was great, and the great room/common room had a gorgeous fireplace and bar to relax by. The breakfast was delicious, truly gourmet, and memorable--one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in my life. Can't wait to bring my husband here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
BEST WESTERN Smoky Mountain Inn
The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 20 in Waynesville

Been to Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!