“Great view and great breakfast”

Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Cincinnati
“Great view and great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

The four day stay was perfect. The view of the mountains from the patio was a great way to end the day. Breakfast was fanatastic. A great variety of dishes and the taste was great. The innkeepers were perfect hosts.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

This B&B was very friendly and accommodating - if there were anything special need required, they made sure to provide it.

Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at many B&B's, but this one is the best by far. We stayed for four nights and each day we were greeted by Carolyn and Dina, and a beautifully prepared breakfast. I asked Carolyn and Dina if they could make "lighter" versions of the breakfasts that my husband was served and they did. Our room was very big compared to the rooms usually found at b and b's, so it made our longer stay a lot more comfortable. Their property is lovely, and there's a wonderful view of the mountains from their backyard. There are many locations to relax around the property, including a hammock that I loved.

The house itself is very clean and there have been renovations to make the house even more comfortable for guests. There's a guest services area where guests can get beverages or even brew an individual cup of coffee or cocoa. And I kept waiting for a rainy day because they have a rainy day closet filled with DVD's and games. Unfortunately (and fortunately) the weather was beautiful while we were there. Waynesville has a nice downtown area with art galleries and shops and is close to Chimney Rock National Park and other natural sightseeing areas.

The bottom line is that Carolyn and Dina are two of the nicest people I've ever met and they clearly love what they're doing. My husband and I both felt like we were saying goodbye to good friends when we had to leave.

Ojai, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

We had a nice time at the BMMI in Waynesville. Innkeepers Carolyn and Dina were most helpful with any request. We were not "wowed" by Waynesville, but had a good time hiking off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our only "complaint" is this Bed & Breakfast skewed older (65+ yo). We would have preferred a mix of adult ages. The rooms were on the large side for a B&B (I looked at two others in addition to our own). The breakfasts were more than ample. I might have preferred a lighter alternative each morning.

I think the B&B's best feature is its owners. Carolyn and Dina strive to meet every request, are attentive to "likes and dislikes," and generally want to see their guests happy. This is a big plus for BMMI.

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband and I just recently stayed at Brookside Mountain Mist Inn for our Anniversary. What a special place this is! We did our research and checked the on-line reviews before booking. They all were right on target! From the moment we were greeted to the time we checked out we knew we picked the perfect place.

This bed and breakfast is unlike any we've ever stayed in. It's not one of those stuffy, Victorian B & B's with antiques you're afraid to sit on. This B & B feels more like coming home and the hosts, Carolyn and Dina, are warm and welcoming. There are a variety of places to sit around the property, each with a spectacular view of the mountains. Our favorite thing to do was sipping a glass of wine on the back patio watching the sunset behind the mountains at the end of the day.

The only thing we regret is we didn't stay longer. There is so much to do in the Waynesville area and we ran out of time. The quaint shops and restaurants are top notch and the locals are very friendly and helpful. Be sure you check out the waterfalls that Carolyn suggests, she knows the best places to go.

Overall this was the best vacation we've ever had, and certainly the most memorable anniversary. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a comfortable, relaxing place to stay in the mountains.

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

My son (17) and I stayed here for WCU's Freshman Move-In Day. He was with me the first night and I returned solo to stay one more night. Carolyn and Dina have thought of every single detail that will make your stay more comfortable. When I went to breakfast, I almost forgot to close my door....that is how 'at home' I felt. Becoming an empty nester during my stay at Brookside Mountain Mist Inn was a good decision and for the next four years that I visit my son, I doubt I will ever stay in a hotel again. Truly a pleasure.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
south carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

When we arrived we were greeted at the door by Carolyn, she was gracious and gave us a full tour of the home. Home and grounds are beautiful. We relaxed for a few hours and then went out to supper. Carolyn was very helpful in helping us choose a local restaurant "Bogarts". Food was delicious. There is an aray of menus from various restaurants on hand at the B&B to help you make chooses before setting out for the nights meal. When we arrived back at our room the bed had been turned down and we had chocolates on our pillows and fresh made cookies on the table. After a great nights sleep, we were treated to a 3 course breakfast: Cranberry and Walnut Scones, a fruit cup with Dina's own created custard and Sweet Potato Pancakes with Chicken Apple Sausage. "Delicious"

Dina & Carolyn have knowlege of the area for activities, they suggested we go see the Elk outside Maggie Valley, was not crazy about the drive around the mountain, but it was worth it when we arrived.

I would fully suggest this B&B.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
BEST WESTERN Smoky Mountain Inn
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville

Been to Brookside Mountain Mist Inn? Share your experiences!