Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Econo Lodge(Waynesville)
$70
$130
$126
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn(Waynesville)(Great Value!)
$105
BestWestern.com
$92
$139
Priceline
  • Pool
Pisgah Inn(Waynesville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdina and carolynplantation roomhickory hillssorbetmy husband and ibed and breakfasthome away from homeelectric fireplaceliving roomeach morningdietary needswonderful hoststhought of everythingvisit waynesvillesweet oniondelicious breakfastwonderful experience
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband and I just recently stayed at Brookside Mountain Mist Inn for our Anniversary. What a special place this is! We did our research and checked the on-line reviews before booking. They all were right on target! From the moment we were greeted to the time we checked out we knew we picked the perfect place.

This bed and breakfast is unlike any we've ever stayed in. It's not one of those stuffy, Victorian B & B's with antiques you're afraid to sit on. This B & B feels more like coming home and the hosts, Carolyn and Dina, are warm and welcoming. There are a variety of places to sit around the property, each with a spectacular view of the mountains. Our favorite thing to do was sipping a glass of wine on the back patio watching the sunset behind the mountains at the end of the day.

The only thing we regret is we didn't stay longer. There is so much to do in the Waynesville area and we ran out of time. The quaint shops and restaurants are top notch and the locals are very friendly and helpful. Be sure you check out the waterfalls that Carolyn suggests, she knows the best places to go.

Overall this was the best vacation we've ever had, and certainly the most memorable anniversary. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a comfortable, relaxing place to stay in the mountains.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My son (17) and I stayed here for WCU's Freshman Move-In Day. He was with me the first night and I returned solo to stay one more night. Carolyn and Dina have thought of every single detail that will make your stay more comfortable. When I went to breakfast, I almost forgot to close my door....that is how 'at home' I felt. Becoming an empty nester during my stay at Brookside Mountain Mist Inn was a good decision and for the next four years that I visit my son, I doubt I will ever stay in a hotel again. Truly a pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2009

When we arrived we were greeted at the door by Carolyn, she was gracious and gave us a full tour of the home. Home and grounds are beautiful. We relaxed for a few hours and then went out to supper. Carolyn was very helpful in helping us choose a local restaurant "Bogarts". Food was delicious. There is an aray of menus from various restaurants on hand at the B&B to help you make chooses before setting out for the nights meal. When we arrived back at our room the bed had been turned down and we had chocolates on our pillows and fresh made cookies on the table. After a great nights sleep, we were treated to a 3 course breakfast: Cranberry and Walnut Scones, a fruit cup with Dina's own created custard and Sweet Potato Pancakes with Chicken Apple Sausage. "Delicious"

Dina & Carolyn have knowlege of the area for activities, they suggested we go see the Elk outside Maggie Valley, was not crazy about the drive around the mountain, but it was worth it when we arrived.

I would fully suggest this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2009

What a great find! This was a great place to stay and the rooms and food, not to mention the daily cookies, were such a wonderful surprise. The pictures on the web look exactly like the B&B. Will stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Was in Waynesville for a golf tournament and stayed at Brookside by accident. The country club was booked up so reserved at Brookside & was the best decision of the trip. Is located directly next door to Waynesville CC so was a very easy walk. Brookside was the perfect setting with very nice rooms & beautiful back patio. My daughter loved the fireflies at night & the breakfast is to die for. No need for lunch after one of their breakfasts. I would recommend to anyone staying in Waynesville. The personalized service was great with nice touches like the innkeepers calling you by your name. Try to get that service anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family