“Gluten free accomodations, cozy and welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brookside Mountain Mist Inn

Brookside Mountain Mist Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Charleston, South Carolina
“Gluten free accomodations, cozy and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I went for a weekend and had a great stay. The owners were very welcoming and it felt like a home away from home. The breakfast was great and they made wonderful gluten free options. Also, Carolyn was very cheerful hosting breakfast which made a great start to the day. We will definitely come again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlestontraveler87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I wanted to do something special for my wife for her 30th birthday. I decided to stay at a bed and breakfast and the Brookside Mountain Mist Inn seemed like the best there was. I could not have been more right. First, Carolyn and Dina are just amazing hosts. Anything you need and they are there for you. The minute you step in the door, its like being at a favorite relatives house. You cannot describe how comfortable it was at the Inn. The house is super clean and neat. After the tour of the house, my wife and I settled into our room, which was the Hickory Hills room. It was a wonderful room with a very plush memory foam king size bed. It was a very spacious room with a nice fireplace. It was nice that they had remotes to go to the fireplace and the heater. The breakfast is outstanding. They give you a 3-course breakfast that changed each day we were there. The first day started out with a raisin bran muffin (delightful), then a tropical sorbet that was made with oranges, pineapples, and bananas (even though it was a cold day, the sorbet was super refreshing). Finally the main course consisted of a southwest chicken frittata and home style potatoes. Just wow. They were incredibly tasty. On the second day, my wife decided she would rather sleep than have breakfast (being away from the 7 month old will make you want to do that), so I was on my own. The first course was a cranberry and nut scone with some homemade honey butter, then a lemon trifle, and then wheat pancakes with peanut butter drizzle and sliced apples with a side of bacon. It sounds unusual, but it was amazing. I loved how they actually tried to do something amazing instead of just sticking a casserole out for people to get on their own. Looking out on the mountains while eating breakfast was also incredible. I really could go on and on about the Brookside Mountain Mist Inn. Please visit them. I know I will again.

1 Thank stephen716
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I are building a home in Waynesville and need to return regularly. So far, we have been disappointed with our accommodations but Brookside Mountain Mist is fabulous! We felt completely taken care of; from clean, inviting rooms, to delicious breakfasts and afternoon treats awaiting us. Dina and Carolyn are so gracious, accommodating and welcoming. We will return again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, and was not sure if I would like them or not!! Let me tell you what: my husband and I will be going back often!!! The rooms were very nice and cozy especially with the fireplace. Carolyn and Dina are Awesome!! I'm not a breakfast person, but let me tell you, we stayed 3 nights and all three mornings they out did themselves!! I highly recommend going to check it out!!

Room Tip: Talk with Carolyn or Dina and they will suggest the best room for your needs.
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 wonderful nights at Brookside. Carolyn and Dina are lovely, talented and caring ladies who are committed to excellence. The common areas are warm and welcoming. We stayed in the golf-themed room and it was immaculate and very comfortable. We indulged in the Segway tour of Waynesville and it was fabulous. Highly recommend everything about this B&B! Will definitely return when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Absolutely pristine property with amazing view of the mountains. We spent three nights there and attended a wedding rehearsal dinner hosted there. This was an excellent location and just a short walk to the wedding location next door at the Waynesville Inn. Carolyn and Dina are excellent hosts who really care about the comfort of their guests. Very relaxing environment and the food was amazing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to this fabulous B & B, and we have already reserved our room for next year !! The breakfasts are out of this world delicious! The hosts, Dina and Carolyn are like family members, and the atmosphere is conducive to meeting and making new friendships!!! Number One in our book!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
BEST WESTERN Smoky Mountain Inn
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Grandview Lodge
Grandview Lodge
#7 of 19 in Waynesville
The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road

Been to Brookside Mountain Mist Inn? Share your experiences!