“Friday night jamboree”
Review of Southsiders - CLOSED

Southsiders
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went on a Friday night and found a country music jamboree going on. GREAT entertainmemt. Sandwich was tasty and plentiful. Service was a little slow as they were understaffed at the moment.

There are newer reviews for Southsiders

Reviewed November 18, 2012

On Friday the 2nd of Nov. my family decided to have dinner at Southsiders ( my husband did advise against it) I really love the fish and chips! We waited 45 min for the food which never came until we were ready to leave and we refuesed to take to-go, our kids were hungry and tired after waiting so long! My husband complained at the bar to the owner to which he was yelled at by him in front of our children! We offered to pay for the beers we had but not the food since we never had anything to eat, Mark the owner charged on our debit card the full amount. As of now I have filed a complaint with our bank and they returned the charges to our account! I will never eat at Southsiders again, who wants to pay for poor service and being yelled at??! I have seen some of the responses from the owner to other bad reviews so I know he will be rude and argumentive which further proves his rudness.

Mark K, Owner at Southsiders, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

While there was a little bit of a wait on 11/7, the people who were rude were these customers. It started with bringing another restaurants food into ours and their children dumping salt all over the place. Her husband ordered 2 beers and instnatly brought one back insisting his wife didn't like it even though it's what she ordered. I went over to check on them and she rudley indicated they had been waiting over an hour. I didn't even get out of the kitchen to tell them that the waitress was bringing their food out when they were at the entrance to the dinig room screaming they were leaving I had the order packed so they could take it with them while the "gentleman" continued his rant It was so bad that a little old lady who was a customer at the table he was standing by stood up and told him he was ruining everyone's evening and that he needed to leave so I didn't have to say anything and it was the wife who made threats "I've worked in the business I know how to get my money back - you'll be sorry" I rang their order up all the while having to listen to her threats. By the way, the bank has not provided me with the challenge to this yet? We are far from perfect and make mistakes all the time, I will do what I can to make it right but I only have to give so far and when you come at me hard as these folks did I won't and don't bend I won't have any member of the SoutSiders crew treated the way these people treated us. The curious thing is that if they had been even remotely resonable - I would have comped their meals.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This is the best place to eat in Waxhaw. Great Chicago dog, the veggies sandwich is awesome (especially if you add some meat, yep, they'll do that for you), real sodas made with sugar, not corn syrup, very good selection of beer and an overall good vibe. Family recipes and now they are expanding. This is my favorite place to eat in town.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Disregard the others reviews. I have lived in Waxhaw for two years. I am picky about the quality food when it comes to restraunts. Southsiders is the best restraunt in Waxhaw hands down. They are also expanding to have live bands on the weekends. Go try it. You wont be disappointed!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have been leery of eating at Southsiders because of the reviews. However I decided to give it a shot. I absolutely loved it. The prime rib was cooked exactly as ordered and, along with the mashed potatoes, was delicious. It is on the small side but plenty of seats and has a quaint small town pub feel. The bartenders service was excellent. I will be going back soon.