“Recommended as a Great Italian Restaurant!?!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Recommended as a Great Italian Restaurant!?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Okay so i ordered a basic Italian salad & Seafood pasta. Salad: expected you know romaine, tomatoes, radicchios, cucumbers, balsamic & olive oil. I was served iceburg lettuce w white vinager & oil. Yes I know Bland. Pasta great on top sauce was again short on flavor and grainy on bottom. At least the bottle of wine was great! No sorry didn't order desert why waste extra money. I recommed this place to people who have lost their taste buds.

• Visited September 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Two visits, two nice meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

My wife and I, kids and grandkids have been to Rendini's twice. Yes the service could have been faster, but everyone was friendly, and the meals were very satisfactory. We'd go back. By the way, we know what good food is!

Visited March 2011
Waxhaw, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Evening Out with Family”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

We decided to go to Rendini's for diner this evening. We lived in Waxhaw, NC for 30 years and had frequented Rendini's in the past. It was alway OK. When we sat down it took too long to get anything to the table. We ordered pasta for my six year old daughter and they served our pizza first before they gave us any bread which was terrible. Once the food was delivered it all came at the same time. I placed the candle under the pizza to keep it warm. The Margherita pizza was awful. We had two glasses of wine and ate the salad and nibbled on the pizza. It was time to leave and there was no one to give us the bill. I noticed a table that sat down after us getting the bill and we were still waiting. I finally motioned to the waitress that we wanted the bill. She brought it to the table and I gave her my credit card and she never brought it back. I finally went to the cash register and asked to sign the bill. The waiter named Victor said "This bill looks wrong" I said, " I got to leave". He motioned for the waitress and they argued over the amount on the bill. I said "how much do I owe?" and Victor said, I don't know here you figure it out and threw the bill at me with a calculator. I said," it is too dark I can't read it". I asked him how much each item was and he told me in a nasty voice. I got mad and said the only person that is not going to get paid is the waitress because of you. I also said, I will never come back to Rendinis because of you Victor. I go home and called Rendinis and asked to speak to the owner. Victor answered the phone. He said the owner Mike was not there. I said is a manager there and he said no and hung up on me because he recognized me. After that I called their new Restaurant, The Stuffed Olive and asked for Mike. The women that answered the phone was very nice and said Mike was not in and could she help me. I said I just had a terrible experience at Rendinis and wanted him to know. I left my name and number and told her to have him call me to let him know what had happen. I am still waiting on his call.

Lancaster, South Carolina
“Up and downs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Went there last week with some Canadian visitors. Server had the personality of a wet fish. However, food was very good. We are going again next week with 2 couples who have never been there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

We went in and waited over 3 minutes at host desk before anyone greeted us on a Tuesday evening. It was not busy at the time. We finally were seated and drink orders were taken then or meal orders. It took 10 minutes for one salad and bread to arrive but a soup was forgotten. it came 5 minutes later. Our entrees arrived over 30 minutes from start of ordering. Our little boy's drink needed refill and after it was taken, we had to remind the waitress 10 minutes later, she forget to brink his drink back. The food was good but that was the only good thing to come from this evening. Once we we received the check, and then payment, the waitress did not even say thank you or good bye. We said to ourselves "Goodbye forever" to this restaurant!