“The service is just lousy!!”
Review of Trattoria Antica - CLOSED

Trattoria Antica
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alma Boulevard
Indian Shores, Florida
“The service is just lousy!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a small group there on a week night. The place was not crowded, but our waiter basically ignored us-- then they put 20% tip on bill!! the food is good when you finally get it, but they clearly have staffing challenges in both kitchen and dining room!

• Visited March 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Already recommended Trattoria Antica to 3 friends!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to Trattoria Antica with my husband and another couple. They had been there before, but we had not. There was a short wait for our table, so we sat at the bar for a drink. The bartender Jennifer made me an awesome cocktail. After we were seated by our waiter John, we received bread with a white bean sauce. It was unusual, but very yummy! The bruschetta app was great, as was my greka salad. For my entree of eggplant parmesan and speghetti, I was equally pleased. We shared the tiramisu as a group, but I probably ate the most!
Our food was fantastic and the staff (Jennifer, John, and Carlos) were top notch! I plan on going back as soon as I can fit into my clothes again! Kudos to Trattoria Antica in Waxhaw!

• Visited March 2013
Charlotte, NC
“very bad experience with management”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times and to be honest the first 2-3 times we were so excited to have a good high end italian place in Waxhaw. We found the food to be wonderful and the service and ambiance great as well. Then the 4 time we went we had a party of 5 and 3 out of 5 were sick. One person was very sick for days throwing up. When I went back to the restuarant to notify the management they promised to look into it and assured us a credit on our credit card. This went on for 3 months and numerous phone calls and stops back to the place. Each time I was assured they were "working on it". After many attempts I did get a little frustrated and went back to resolve the issue once and for all. I was thrown out of the restuarant and told that they will take care of it when they have time. I expllained that I wasnt leaving until they credited my account. It was a matter of principle at this point. The gentleman who said he was in charge was extremely rude and arrogant and believe me we will never go back now...

• Visited August 2012
“Excellent Food Great Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food is really good. Definitely not your run of the mill Italian. The quality and service are top rate. Keep up the good work!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sc0ut2
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Italy in Waxhaw!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

WOW! Exciting when a restauranteur of this stature comes to our small town....salads are divine, as are desserts! Servers very suave, and a beautiful bar! A nice neighborhood place to dine.

Visited August 2012