“First Rate Operation - Except for Hurricane Arthur”
Review of REAL Watersports

REAL Watersports
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Waves
More attraction details
Owner description: We make new riders every day! We are located in Cape Hatteras, NC and ship gear all over the world. Our Cape Hatteras "aqauplex" features our Flagship Store, Watermen's Bar and Grill, Watermen's Retreat and the REAL Lesson Center.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I came for the Zero to Hero class and the staff, instructors and Waterman's all work together the make the experience an absolute BLAST. We came to Real to learn kite boarding and the instructors made sure we learned everything we could to our abilities. Both of us came away from the camp totally encouraged and feeling self sufficient to take our newly learned skills to our home site at Pismo. Hatteras is an awesome location to learn (shallow water and no wetsuits needed in July) and having the instructors by your side the entire time with jetskis made the learning experience very personal. The professional environment, 2 students per instructor and the Dark and Stormy's at the end of the day make this a perfect spot to learn the sport. Go if you have the chance.

2  Thank Bill J

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The people at Real are fantastic. If you are interested in Kiteboarding then you have to go here. The instruction is the best on the planet, the retail shop you can find anything and the food is great. Huge fan.

1  Thank Charlie M
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just returned from a three day experience with Real and it was excellent. This is a professional, well organized outfit with a pleasant, fun, helpful staff. They could even handle two old guys (late 60's) eager to surf on SUP's. Maybe not fame, but by the end of three semi-private sessions with Andrew we were catching and riding waves.

2  Thank Jeff Y
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have been curious about kiteboarding for awhile and finally booked the zero-to-hero class for a weekend with friends. It was GREAT. Super well-organized, the jetski teaching is awesome, and the teachers were cool people who know exactly what they're doing. I highly recommend Joanna, in particular! She was our instructor for the course and she was extremely competent and really great at explaining concepts in several different ways to make sure that the skill "clicked" for me and my classmate. By the end of the 3-day weekend, I got up -- success based on friends who have said it generally takes around a week to get up! They're just really good here at making it feel easy and the set-up is great for learning (particularly the shallow water). Also, the food at Waterman's Grill is excellent and the sense of community just hanging around the site is awesome!! Can't wait to return!! Highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I rented a longboard from REAL. The staff were very knowledgeable and professional, and helped me set up my roof racks so I could transport the surfboard. This is one of the best surf shops I've ever been in; it compares to HSS (Huntington Surf Shop). Many surfboard rental shops only rent "beater boards" or soft top boards; this shop rents top quality hard tops.

1  Thank silverfern1