All reviews real watersports bar and grill kite boarders the outer banks three bedroom awesome place to stay surf shop taking lessons learning how first class accommodations gear storage family vacation up to date sound side comfortable beds cape hatteras full kitchen
Reviewed May 19, 2017

I actually won a week's stay there. i stayed in a penthouse and couldn't have been happier. The view was great and the staff was incredible. No one in my family kite boards; however, watching it off the balcony was an incredible experience!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

So stoked that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again some time!!

Reviewed May 13, 2017

Everything those of us who kite would like to find in a resort is there. Comfortable and well-equipped apartments, great food, excellent launching space at your door front, friendly and knowledgeable staff, all the equipment you may need to buy or rent, excellent teaching and constant wind.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Eduardo,
We loved having you stay with us! We hope you enjoyed the concierge service and that you loved arriving and having your groceries waiting on you!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2017

Seven of us spent three days at REAL staying on campus at Watermen's Retreat. If you've ever been to a well run heli ski operation, this is very similar. The staff was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and stoked to be there. Rooms in Watermen's were large, clean, and front row to the kiting action. The food is awesome/healthy, they had a band playing music every evening/night, kiting landing/launching is dialed, the retail and the help inside the store is bar none the best I've encountered anywhere for any sport. Half the group was new to kiting and took lessons, the rest of us ripped around all day and had an amazing time. Once the newbies got the hang of it, we did a few down-winders with their coaches who were on kites and a jetski which was gave the newbies a boost of confidence. If you are a seasoned kiter or a newbie, REAL is the real deal, overall 10 out of 10, thanks a million for a great long weekend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

THANKS! We love guests that are stoked not only for Watermen's Retreat but the whole package - REAL Watersports with all of the lessons & gear that anyone would want and Watermen's Bar & Grill which knock it out of the park 7 days a week 9a - 9p!

Come back and see us!

Reviewed May 4, 2017

We come to Cape Hatteras each spring to go kiteboarding and usually stay with a big group in a big house. This year my girlfriend and I thought at the last minute it would be nice to be a little more low key and stay with another couple in a smaller house. It was the right decision, we could go visit our friends anytime we wanted but it was pretty easy to escape the chaos of a house with 10+ people to our quaint vacation home! Watermens Oasis had everything we needed and seemed to be recently renovated with a modern touch for an OBX rental!

The outdoor showers and massive porch were definitely bonus' for me and the open concept kitchen / living room was great for cooking and socializing. To top it all of we had 5 days of SouthWest wind with 80F+ for kiteboarding and some nice clean, fun but small waves for surfing and SUP. Fully scored with the house and conditions :) Cant wait to come back...

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

Super excited you enjoyed your stay! come back and see us!

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Watermen's retreat has long been a favorite location for kiteboarding. Only problem was they did not accept pets. They still do not at their premiere Real Kiteboarding property where I have stayed several times. When I discovered they had Cabanas across the street that were pet friendly I quickly changed my reservation. Normally my son and I make the trip alone. Now my wife, who does not kiteboard, can come along and bring our dogs - yellow lab and Cavalier. She was going to paddle board however, we had 3 days of steady southerlies so while we were on the water until we dropped she was with the dogs enjoying the sun.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

We are happy to add the Cabanas to our rental properties! Guests still get launching and landing @ REAL Watersports, which is conveniently located just across the street, but now they can bring their 4 legged family members as well!

I am glad you enjoyed your trip and we look forward to your return.