Watermen's Retreat
  • Restaurant
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
$149
$199
  • Pool
$270
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
$178
$169
$140
RodewayInn
Tar Heel Motel(Nags Head)
$188
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
$227
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

All reviewsreal watersportsbar and grillthree bedroomthe outer bankssurf shopawesome place to stayexcellent accommodationsfood for breakfasttaking lessonswalk downstairsbring our dogsearly marchperfect spotfamily vacationlearning howlooking forward to going backrental shop
Reviewed May 4, 2017

We come to Cape Hatteras each spring to go kiteboarding and usually stay with a big group in a big house. This year my girlfriend and I thought at the last minute it would be nice to be a little more low key and stay with another couple in a smaller house. It was the right decision, we could go visit our friends anytime we wanted but it was pretty easy to escape the chaos of a house with 10+ people to our quaint vacation home! Watermens Oasis had everything we needed and seemed to be recently renovated with a modern touch for an OBX rental!

The outdoor showers and massive porch were definitely bonus' for me and the open concept kitchen / living room was great for cooking and socializing. To top it all of we had 5 days of SouthWest wind with 80F+ for kiteboarding and some nice clean, fun but small waves for surfing and SUP. Fully scored with the house and conditions :) Cant wait to come back...

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

Super excited you enjoyed your stay! come back and see us!

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Watermen's retreat has long been a favorite location for kiteboarding. Only problem was they did not accept pets. They still do not at their premiere Real Kiteboarding property where I have stayed several times. When I discovered they had Cabanas across the street that were pet friendly I quickly changed my reservation. Normally my son and I make the trip alone. Now my wife, who does not kiteboard, can come along and bring our dogs - yellow lab and Cavalier. She was going to paddle board however, we had 3 days of steady southerlies so while we were on the water until we dropped she was with the dogs enjoying the sun.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

We are happy to add the Cabanas to our rental properties! Guests still get launching and landing @ REAL Watersports, which is conveniently located just across the street, but now they can bring their 4 legged family members as well!

I am glad you enjoyed your trip and we look forward to your return.

Donna

Reviewed March 23, 2017

They go out of their way to make our annual winter weekend trip fabulous! I love Donna and her awesome team!! This was our seventh year and we look forward to number eight! The rooms are always immaculate, clean, beautifully furnished and pretty much anything you could need to make a meal is stocked in the kitchen!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

We love you heading back each year! The winter time here is special and as you know you have the beach to yourself!

See you next winter!

Reviewed March 22, 2017

This is a great place to stay for a visit to the Hatteras Lighthouse The scenery off the balcony overlooking the sound was wonderful. The kitchen was well stocked. Very modern and comfortable decor. The rooms were big. It was very clean. We want to come back.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking time to post a review! We love our first time guests and we do hope you will head this way again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2017

My daughter and I stayed at Watermens for one week in early March 2017. Both of us are kiters.
The room was perfect with a wonderful view of the Sound. Room was Buxton Slick.
I rented a board and my daughter rented the works and had 3 days of lessons.
Though it was early March we were lucky with the temperature and wind.
The bar and grill at Real is superb

Room Tip: View of Sound
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review. You guys did have great wind and weather. We are always excited to see families on the water together! Come back and see us!