All reviews real watersports bar and grill kite boarders three bedroom the outer banks awesome place to stay surf shop taking lessons learning how first class accommodations gear storage family vacation sound side up to date comfortable beds cape hatteras full kitchen
Reviewed January 3, 2016

I recently stayed at Watermen's Retreat for the second time and HIGHLY recommend this place. Watermen's Retreat is by far the best place to stay in the entire OBX. The rooms are large and airy, the furnishings are top notch, the food is top notch, and the location is simply unbeatable (right on the Pamlico Sound & a very short walk to the Atlantic). Furthermore, the staff couldn't be more helpful, friendly and accommodating. The only drawback to staying here is that you may never want to go home!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ralph K
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2016

Ralph,
Super stoked you had a great time! We look forward to your THIRD visit!
See you soon!
Donna

Reviewed December 11, 2015

The facilities were excellent, the folks that took care of us were always there for us. The kite board instruction is second to none. We can't wait to go back for another seven days in April. Ask for Donna

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Super stoked you had a great time and YES we will see you again in April!

Reviewed December 4, 2015

Waterman's and Real is an amazing place. The riding is spectacular. The people are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The food is great - not relatively great for a beach place but actually great. And the accommodations are first class. I will definitely return.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Steve, Super stoked you had a great time. We hope to see you again soon. Rates are 50% off until April and then we have great spring deals too.

Reviewed November 10, 2015

This was our third stay at The Waterman's Retreat and it will not be our last. Modern , well appointed rooms with friendly staff. We ate lunch and dinner every night next door at the Waterman's Bar and Grill. It has a great menu of healthy , locally bought food. Great service as well.
The place is second to none...

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Donna P, Manager at Watermen's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2015

Rick, It is always a pleasure to have you and your family visit us. We love to see families kiting together and having fun!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2015

I have spend a lot of time in the Outer Banks in the last 18 months since learning about kiteboarding.
I absolutely recommend and love Real waterspouts and the accommodations at Watermans.
Let me start by saying I just finished my 5th trip to the facility. I spent a week there in the "penthouse " condo with a group of kiteboarding friends. Please understand , Im not a 20 year old surfer or kiter, but a 50 something professional that covets my time off. I can down with a group of other like professionals and had another great experience.
The accommodations are top notch, the views are magnificent and the facilities are the best in the region. Tripp and Matt have put together a facility unmatched!!
Lessons are superior to other facilities and I have gone to others in the states and out.
The coaches relate to the students and are motivating. Safety always is first, communication is excellent.
Watermand bar and restaurant is upbeat friendly and have great food, perfect for families and individuals.
The culture is relaxed and friendly yet the vibe gets you stoked (as they say).
They even added Watermans hideout , a bungalow next door th the facility that is pet friendly. (my dog Max loved going with me and hanging out with everyone)

What more can I say but I am planning my 6th trip for the spring. Just because you want to kite board and act young and alive doesn't mean you have to lower your standards!

Room tip: book early and get Bay views
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank eric s

Eric... so glad you had a great time and we certainly hope your friends did as well. Take care and we will see you in the spring.