“Front Desk Lady”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Washington
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Front Desk Lady”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

After reading some of the reviews I had to write a review of my own. The econo-lodge is a older hotel and can use some updates but for the price you can not complain. The lady at the front desk, I think her name is Cat, was one of the most friendly people I have ever met and was extremely helpful. I have stayed in other hotels, motels and inns, and have never been treated so nice ever. The econo may not have a lot to offer but I'd take great customer service over a nicer hotel with a not so friendly staff. I will def be staying here again in the future during my next drive through. Thank you Cat for all your hard work and help. My husband and I truly appreciated all you did for us including recommending some good food. We loved Boss Hogs!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked the king "suite with kitchen". It is a room with king bed. There was a full sized stove stuck where the clothes rack usually is. No pots, pans, dishes, glasses etc, simply a stove stuck in a regular room. So how they advertise a "kitchen" eludes me. Had we planned on an extended stay & really needed a kitchen we would not have stayed even one night.
The bed was fairly comfortable. The room could use a thorough cleaning, stains on sofa & desk chair. I sprayed the whole room with Lysol. This is an old, run down place. We stayed only because it is pet friendly but it was almost too bad for my dog. The man in the parking lot hooping & hollering at 1AM a little bothersome but it only lasted about 10 minutes.
The "breakfast" was coffee & packaged sad looking breakfast rolls. The front desk staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, very nice lady at check in. The morning guy came out to pour coffee into the carafe in his pajamas. A little disturbing, although it could be interpreted as "friendly".

Room Tip: Noise from 2nd floor people walking overhead, water running in nearby rooms can be heard. See my com...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dmac0904

Travelers are raving about these Washington hotels

na
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way to the beach. There were other hotels but buy far this hotel has the best value for the rate. The rooms looked like they were just remodeled. The beds, furniture, bathroom was extraordinarily clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel in Washington NC.

Room Tip: Try to pick a room away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Camp Hill
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Did I say reasonable? It is but you will want to eat breakfast somewhere else. But you can save $40 by doing that. The room was clean and near Boss Hogs Backyard, my first esperience with East Carolina BBQ. For that it was worth the money. Be careful leaving the parking lot-it is a bit tricky.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It was a last minute decision to spend the night in Washington and the first place we tried was full. We went down the road to this motel, and frankly, when I checked in and saw the price of $57, I was a bit apprehensive. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the shower/bathroom was good. Also, the A/C was good. Overall, I was glad we decided to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Passing through on the way to the beach, we found this Econo-lodge to be decently priced, clean, cable, wifi, helpful front desk clerk, and fresh coffee in the morning. It was clean in the lobby parking lot was clean, (some places I've been had fast food garbage and cigarette butts everywhere). The location was great as far as food and local shopping areas. department stores and food across the street and even as close as next door. washer and dryer on the property as well. Everything we needed was close and convenient. I would stay here again. We had looked at some of the other hotels in the area, there were some cheaper ones but they were awful, looked like something from "the hills have eyes" motels, lol blinky lights going out and bug killers dangling around, cheaper but not where i wanted to stay, there were some hotels of better condition but the cost was way more and it wasn't that much better that i was willing to pay an extra 20 bucks for. Rooms had refrigerators and microwaves. I have to say all in all it wasnt the best of the best, but its the best for the price and helped me save money in the long run. would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: my group used rooms 104 and 106 they were side by side and both non smoking, they were in great cond...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Help was dressed like a farm worker, looked as though she had not had a bath id days, did not have a clean room to show us at noon so we went elsewhere. Would highly reccomend staying elsewhere, as the lobby was filthy dirty, where they served the continental breakfeast was nasty looking, had not been wiped in days.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank WPEVLE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Quality Inn
Best Western Plus Suites-Greenville
Hampton Inn Williamston
Hampton Inn Williamston
#1 of 6 in Williamston

Been to Econo Lodge North? Share your experiences!