“Left a bad taste in my mouth.......”
Review of Golden Corral - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Corral
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Vanceboro, North Carolina, United States
“Left a bad taste in my mouth.......”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Was not happy when I noticed a mentally disabled adult putting food on her plate and then putting it back into the trays on buffet when she decided she didn't want it! It will be a long time before I return to ANY Golden Corral! I told management and nothing was done, I felt that the family should have been asked to assist her. This left a bad taste in my mouth. This was not about the disabled, as I am a teacher to the disabled, but totally about healthy sanitation!

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Sharon M

Essex, Vermont
“It's lousy but there is a lot of it!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is an "all you can (or dare) eat" place. The food is average to poor, but the choices are huge. So are the people eating there. It's like a shrine to obesity.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank wbnphd
West End, North Carolina
“Everything you want in a Buffet”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I like the meatloaf and stewed beef. Real mashed potatoes. Everything else was at Golden Corral quality. You should know what to expect. Best to go hungry.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank bluesail57
Fort Myers, Florida
“Absolutely Terrible”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Arrived around 6 PM with our daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren. Found a table for 5, got in the line for salad, found many containers empty and nasty looking, so I by passed that area and went to the Hot food line. Found the Popcorn Shrimp to be om, Clam strips with noithing but Crumbs, French Fries were ice cold, went to the steak line, asked for a piece med rare adn got it that way and was hot, but later found out my steak knife would not cut it, it was the toughest piece of steak that I have ever had. My meal was absoilutely terrible, my wifes chickens was dried out and it was supposed to be routissori cooked. Will I return again, no way, as I just wasted $47 for a terrible meal, highly suggest going to a fast food restaurant than the Golden Coral in Washington.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank WPEVLE
Washington, North Carolina
“Dry and Cold Food if you can find anything good... & NO A/C!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went to this location two times after church on Sunday. It was over 100 degree heat index and VERY humid outside. The line was out the door so we thought it was hot at register because the door was open. We paid our $50+ for the family to eat the buffet and no one told us the A/C was broken. We stayed anyhow only to be disappointed with hardly any food being offered. What was there was dry and cold and nasty.
We went back to give it one more chance the following week. The same thing happened and this time it was much hotter inside! The food was worse and we all felt sick to our stomach from eating in such a hot dining room. I will not be going back for a long time if ever...

• Visited July 2012