“excellent fish”

On The WaterFront
Ranked #14 of 70 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brand new. Seafood, Steaks and more. Beautiful setting, great prices, and out of this world homemade desserts. Also, a shelffish steam bar.
“excellent fish”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

if you like fish dishes this is the place to go. From stuffed flounder to stuffed shrimp all was good. Right on the warter for a great setting

Visited March 2013

Grimesland, NC
“Don't Believe all the Naysayers”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This past Friday, February 22, I wanted to take some very special friends out for an evening of fine food. Someone told me about On the Waterfront and I went on line to see what others thought about it. The reviews were not as good as I had hoped. Some were very negative and I really debated if this was the place I wanted to take my friends. I decided to take a chance and I am so glad I did. The food and service were both fantastic. We all had different main dishes, rom steak, to shrimp and grits, to crab cake, to grilled salmon. ALL were prepared to perfection.....yes as one said in another review, the steak was not one of those super thick ones, but was cooked exactly to the degree of doneness as requested. The grilled salmon I had was probably the best I have had anywhere, and I have had it at a number of different places. For an appetizer we had the crab dip and could not believe the huge amount of crab dip that was served......we ran out of toast points before we ran out of crab, and they gladly brought more toast points for us. The service was fantastic, our waitress did a fantastic job of being there when we needed something, but not to the point of hovering. Thank you On the Waterfront for providing a wonderful eating experience for us.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank rick w
wake forest NC
“Sit on the patio”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Fairly new place to eat in Washington (used to be the pirates pub). Great view of Washington waterfront. We docked the boat and walked to the restaurant. Little on the pricy side Four people appetizers, food and cocktails was $220 before the tip. But the food was excellent. I had the bacon wrapped scallops and the seafood Alfredo. Both were very well done. I would advise that you sit away from the oyster bar if a band is playing. (way too loud) I actually had to point at the menu for my waitress to take my order (she couldn't hear me).

Visited January 2013
North Carolina
“Wonderful location, disappointing food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

First visit was to sit at the oyster bar for steamed oysters shucked in front of you, and beer. This was excellent. Second visit, with friends, we sat in the dining room, all had different entrees, and all were under-whelmed. Nothing bad, but nothing notable or exciting. Fried sea food was heavily battered and greasy, salad minimal, slaw not good, wine list offered low end choices and poor selection. Third visit, again to the dining room, found nothing memorable or "foodie" worthy. Last visit was in the casual oyster bar room where the fish sandwich was less than ordinary, the slaw in edible and tasteless, the "aoli" a thin, pink liquid which had to be poured, not spread. They have gotten the decor, ambiance and location right. There is no excuse for not having excellent seafood in Eastern North Carolina. If they achieve that, their rating will go from 3 to 5 stars.

1 Thank g0lfntravel
Washington, North Carolina
“excellent for quallity food”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good service, had lunch, every thing was prepared chef quality food! Great location and a warm atmosphere and a quality wine list.

Visited January 2013