“Good place to stay”

Hampton Inn Washington
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Washington
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a good experience at this hotel. The staff were professional and very helpful in finding a place to eat, etc. This is a good place to stay that is reasonable in cost and is within a reasonable distance to the waterfront activities of Washington, NC. Highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Durham, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is exactly what you'd expect for a middle of nowhere beach hotel. We were there for a wedding, otherwise probably wouldn't have choosen it. Staff was nice, and accomodating, but seemed a little bit flustered. Maybe hotel was more full than usually is? Either way, when we checked in at 4pm our room was not ready. It was only once we shared with them that we were headed to a wedding and urgently needed to change, they offered us a different room that was ready. The AC was broken, but we didn't report the issue to maintainance until check out. For the price we paid, I would have expected something nicer. Oh well, the wedding was great and the area was beautiful, so if you're not looking to spend much time in the hotel this isn't a bad place.

1 Thank Alyssa G
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Clean, quiet, with a complimentary breakfast. What more could you ask for in a small town in North Carolina? Although we did not use the facilities, there is an exercise room and pool. The breakfast was adequate and the person who had charge of the room was very much on the ball.

Very helpful and friendly staff. We would certainly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Davidjx
Cary, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel is standard Hampton Inn, which is to say great beds & a clean room. The wireless however is extremely slow, and the breakfast selection needs an upgrade. My wife and daughter used the exercise room, and both said that the equipment was in great shape.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Michael P
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is the best place to stay if you're looking for a home away from home experience. It's very clean and comfortable. I look forward to coming here every time I come this way. The location is not far from McDonalds, Burger King, Golden Corral and more. The staff is the best, I've had no problems at al lsince I've been coming here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Sonya W
Cary
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It was good to have reliable Hampton Inn in a small, off-the-beaten-track town. Pretty much comparable to other Hamptons, comfortable and pleasant without anything extra-special, and without the extra-special cost. I'll take this any day. They really could improve the breakfast though. Slow and tedious, and only okay food.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this location for a fairly long time for work. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean.

I did have an incident while checking out one time. Before the 11am checkout, I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door and had not yet checked out. During the loading of my belongings in my vehicle, I came back to my room to find two members of house-keeping had entered my room and were in the process of rummaging through my belongings. Not just a peep they actually opened and went through my belongings while whispering to one another and were unaware I was standing behind them for a number of seconds. I was speechless, embarrased and felt somewhat violated but was returning the next week for another stay so I felt uncomfortable complaining. I kept my mouth shut but my eyes open throughout my other stays.

My biggest issue with the hotel is the internet. I travel throughout the country for work and stay in hotels all the time. This Hampton Inn has truely the slowest wireless internet Ive ever experienced at a hotel. If you rely on internet for work ar personal business and have the need to upload/download files of a significant size you may want to consider other options. Just going from one typical webpage to another takes anywhere from 20-90 seconds. Videos will not work at all. YouTube or the news is not an option.

Overall it is a great hotel and I do recommend to others, however due to the horrible internet service that I rely on a daily basis I had to rate low. It would have recieved a 5 from me if the internet had not caused me daily frustrations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank abboyd1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Quality Inn
Econo Lodge North
Econo Lodge North
#6 of 7 in Washington
Holiday Inn Express Williamston

Been to Hampton Inn Washington? Share your experiences!