Hampton Inn Washington
BestWestern.com
$104
Hampton.com
$86
All reviewsnice hotelhot tubindoor poolroom was clean and comfortablefree breakfastin townplace to stayeasy accessswan quarterthe breakfast areacigarette smokefitness centerhot breakfastsmall townstaff was friendlyexcellent stayfront desk staff
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Though not the best Hampton Inn I've stayed in, it's the best hoteo choice I coild find in town. I actualy had a reservation at a different hotel but when I arrived, I cancelled the reservation sitting in the parking lot...it looked that bad. I had passed this Hampton Inn and decided to give it a shot. Relatively new, it was a good choice. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was so-so and the nightly rate was a bit high but worth it to feel safe and avoid the sub-standard "other" hotels.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, staying in a smoking room here is still better than a non-smoking room in any of the other hotels in town.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Every hotel has standards and a level of amenities that regular travelers expect... it's why we go to one chain over another. This Hampton had its lobby remodeled recently (and looks really nice!) but... behind this first impression lies a host of issues that show this property is NOT to Hampton's usual standards:

Rooms: Splotchy paint on walls, older "used" furniture, carpeting, & mattresses, (the bed cover of one of the beds in my room was stained & ripped)... and missing grout in the bath...

Fitness area: Still has a 1990s style "stair master" (revamped Hamptons have had elliptical machines for some time) - - there is nothing but cardio (some places have added cable-type "universal" machines or free weights) ... I did not go into the indoor pool area, which did look clean.

Breakfast: This must be the only Hampton that still has a microwave for the pre-wrapped pancakes etc.... there was no fresh-cooked oatmeal, no chafing dish with the breakfast entree of the day, no hard boiled eggs ... and none of the accompanying new signage in the food service area...

I had stayed away from this hotel for a long time (another episode with similar problems), but had stopped by and saw the construction ... figured they were modernizing... but only the lobby was changed. When asked about some of these non-improvements, an employee bluntly replied, "The owner is cheap!" Kinda says it all... I'll be staying at a different chain next visit... you might want to also.

2  Thank JayKay1818
Paul_Banta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Rooms needed updating and it seemed the furniture was a bit abused or missing. I had an extra desk chair just sitting up against a wall next to a large open area. It was strange. The bathroom was clean enough but needed a through weekly scrub as opposed to the daily rinse. Towels and linens are almost at the end of their lifecycle. However the Hampton Inn is the nicest chain hotel in town regardless, so unless I stay at a B&B, I will likely have to use it again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paul_Banta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Although Washington, NC seems to in the middle of nowhere, this hotel was very appropriate for our family of five. The breakfast was good and had a little more variety than the other Hamptons we've stayed in. The indoor pool was a hit with the kids.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Paul_Banta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you and your family were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were very happy with this hotel. we were given a special bereavement rate. The most comfortable bed that we have had in a hotel. I forgot to empty one of the drawers, called the front desk to see if they found my things, did not get an answer for a couple of days. I'm now waiting for them to be delivered...overall a nice experience..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple