“very nice...”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Washington
wenonah, NJ
“very nice...”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were very happy with this hotel. we were given a special bereavement rate. The most comfortable bed that we have had in a hotel. I forgot to empty one of the drawers, called the front desk to see if they found my things, did not get an answer for a couple of days. I'm now waiting for them to be delivered...overall a nice experience..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Estero, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were given a special bereavement rate since we were attending a memorial service for a deceased relative. Never knew this was offered by a hotel/motel before.

This hotel is up scale in comparison with other motels. The room we had was a large two queen bed unit with a nice desk and large flat screen TV. WiFi service was easy to access.

Room was clean and fresh. Complementary breakfast consisted of waffles, bagels, dry cereals, pastries, four different juices, skim and regular milk and of course coffee. I was normal basic items but they were presented in a nice clean fashion, not just thrown together as one finds at some other motels.

The only thing not to like at a Hampton Inn is the price which is about 305 to 40% higher then say a MicroTel or a Motel Super 8. But the extra cost was most evident in the quality of the property and the room.

Room Tip: Sometimes booking a room with the hotel/motel central booking service via Internet results in a gett...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Although older, the rooms were kept nice except for the strong odor of deodorizer every day as if to mask something else. It was so strong, I got headaches until I got used to the odor after an hour or so. While this isn't the best part of the town, I hear this is the best place to stay...sadly. As a Hilton Gold member, I expected better. The 3-11PM girl looked and acted very much like she would have rather been somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kwildcat78
Paul_Banta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you endured while staying with us. We will be sure to address our team members in regards to your review and we will make the necessary improvements. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked a reservation by phone before arriving. At check-in, I stated my name and the attendant said all she needed was my credit card. She swiped and I signed a document that clearly stated I would be charged per day of our two day stay. The attendant wasn't very friendly but she was about her business and she completed our check- in promptly. However the next evening I happen to check my account to verify purchases and there was A CHARGE TO MY CARD THAT TOTALLED MORE THAN 3 DAYS FROM THIS HOTEL! I called the corporate office and the rep said that they could only see the charge after I checked out but to talk with the hotel where I'm staying to try and resolve the issue. The next and final night someone slid the invoice of only being charged for the 2 day stay even though my bank stated otherwise. So the final day before checkout I went to the hotels desk and asked to speak to the Mgr. but they wouldn't arrive until almost checkout so I asked the attendant whom I never spoke with before if she could explain the fee that I was charged that appeared to be a 3 day stay. She said that particular hotel charges a damage or cover fee. I told her that i was unhappy and felt profiled. No one discussed this charge by phone nor at check-in. The attendant then tells me that even if I paid with cash I would have had to pay a deposit. I told her that would have been fine with me as long as I KNEW what I had to pay or would be charged. The point of my funds being manipulated ruined my stay! I could care less about the room description or service compared to taking money without my permission. Thank goodness I put extra in this account to cover or I could have been facing overdraft fees and bad business situations. I'll stay on Greenville next time we're in town.

• Stayed January 2013
Paul_Banta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that our authorization policy did not meet your needs. I will address our team in regards to your review but I again apologize that this was not explained to you upon check in. We try to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and hope that next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us.
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is the newest and nicest in Washington, but that being said, it's not the Ritz in Paris. You won't find luxury here, but it's a very nice hotel. The building is well built, and the rooms are quiet. Even with a family next door, we didn't hear any noise. The pool is small and very warm, so it's great for small kids, but not much for laps. The exercise room is small and consists of new equipment, but limited to a stairmaster, treadmill and a recumbent bike. Breakfast is standard fare with fruit, waffles, microwave breakfast stuff.

The beds are quite firm. Being a "side sleeper", I had sore shoulders each morning. WARNING: the pillows are huge, almost square block of shredded foam. If you don't like to sleep with your head at a 45 degree angle BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW. We asked for a softer pillow and were told that this was all the had.

Staff was friendly, but I don't really care. I'd rather have a grumpy person give me a nice room, than a nice person give me a lousy room. We had two towels, also, but with a quick phone call got more. So, all in all, we got what we paid for. Nice clean room, larger than average, in a nice building.

Room Tip: Ask about teams staying there. They often come in over the weekends for a tournament, and typically...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Enjoyed the clean, comfortable room for an overnight trip to the nearby NC Estuarium. Great free breakfast got us started on our day, with options for microwave hot breakfast choices, make your own waffle, and plenty of cereals and muffins. There is an execrise room, a nice oval pool and a whirlpool we wished we had time to try as they looked inviting. We are planning a returm trip to this area and will definitely stay here again. It is very easy to find when arriving via Rt 264.

Room Tip: Any room here will do, this isn't a scenic location so the room choice is not important.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I found myself traveling at night in the area and this Hampton Inn was like an oasis. Check in was friendly, the room was clean, spacious, your typical Hampton comfort. When I went to take a shower the next morning, I realized there were only two towels. Two bath towels to dry yourself. Not your average four bath towels. Two. That's certainly one way to cut down on the cleaning bills. Mr Owner, you sure do know how to cut costs!

So I go down for breakfast. Instead of someone preparing your hot items, you do it yourself! Your sausage sandwich is sitting in a plastic wrapper. So is your breakfast "pizza". See that microwave over there? You do it! Wow, that's enterprising, Mr Owner. Why pay someone to give your customers a comfortable breakfast when you can get those lazy customers to do it for themselves, right? And you save money again, right?

It was an okay stay, and quite frankly, where else are you going to stay in Washington, NC? The Four Seasons? But man, those cost-cutting measures bring the experience down. It's not your average Hampton excellence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SingletonTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Quality Inn
Econo Lodge North
Econo Lodge North
#6 of 7 in Washington
Holiday Inn Express Williamston

Been to Hampton Inn Washington? Share your experiences!