“...but the best hotel choice in Washington”

Hampton Inn Washington
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The rooms here are relatively large, clean and in good repair. I stay here when on business in the area. The price is higher than you might expect for this area but a AAA or AARP discount drops it a little. The heating/AC unit is adjusted by its own control knob. These never provide a consistent level room temperature as is true here. Although it is hard to complain about a free breakfast I will point out a few. With as few people as I have ever seen at breakfast the hotel personnel hardly ever have all items stocked sufficiently. The one other thing is the repetitiveness. If you stay here for a week, don't expect to see anything different each day. I have stayed at Hampton Inns where this isn't the case and I would rate higher.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveledt o Washington, NC this past weekend to attend the wedding of a family member. The Hampton Inn was one of the hotels recommended by the bride and groom. Other members of my boyfriends family such as his mother, his sister, brother-in-law and their 4 year old daughter also came along. This hotel certainly worked well for our purposes.

We knew we would be arriving late, and made sure we called ahead to alert the hotel of our late arrival. We showed up pretty close to midnight but no worries because our hotel room was waiting. The rooms are large and clean;I also always request a "quiet" room, someplace away from the elevators or vending machines. Interestingly, when we were going to our room the first time we noted a rather substantial number of young people running (or staggering, in some cases) who appeared pretty inebriated. We thought that perhaps local kids were having a post prom after party. It turned out that all of the kids were of legal age and they were all attending the same wedding as us the next day. I mention this because I think it was. Pretty isolated incident; the hotel doesn't strike me as a place that lets people rent rooms to "party".
Several posts have discussed the free breakfast the hotel serves. While the microwaved items left much to be desired, there was a make your own waffle station, a good assortment of hot and cold cereals, yogurt, fruit, coffee,tea, and juices.
The wifi is easy to use and access- I had my iPad accessing the Internets within moments.our room also had a refrigerator and a microwave; if you're staying for a few days you can easy walk to the supermarket across the street and get some food.
It was bloody hot in NC this weekend, so we were quite grateful dot the hotel's terrific indoor pool and hot tub. There were sustained bursts of rain all weekend long o you never knew what the weather was going to be in 10 minutes.
If you find yourself in washington NC do check out the Hmpton Inn!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sojourner68
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a good, solid 2 1/2 star hotel. The staff was friendly and our needs were met. Everything was clean. The only problem was the "free breakfast". There was a countertop freezer with mysterious packaged breakfast items. You are supposed to pick one or two, zap them in the microwave and eat them. Chef Ramsey should review whatever chef invented this Hampton Inn breakfast cuisine. WHO DOES NOT KNOW that you cannot freeze egg dishes, such as the offered omlette, and not lose a whole lot, if not everything, in the way of flavor and texture? A cooked, then frozen, omlette becomes a tasteless plastic sponge. To their credit there is fruit and yogurt and pastries and a fun waffle maker. The coffee bar had no milk or cream, only the chemical-laden Coffeemate singles. The first breakfast was such a turn off that we opted on our second morning to go a little more high-end and drove through McDonald's. Nothing against this hotel - but Hampton Inn Corporate - wake up!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gaylfeb1
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Unquestionably the best hotel property in Washington, NC. Our reservation room type was honored upon arrival. Room clean and very comfortable. Free, high speed Internet access was a real plus. Morning complimentary buffet breakfast was great. Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. Without question we will stay here again. Thanks Hampton Inn staff for a job well done.

Room Tip: Oddly, the fourth floor of this hotel is a smoking floor. Why, in today's world, we still have...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Robert H
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Stayed recently. Clean room, friendly staff. But, comforter had been washed and the interior lining was bunched, thought there were hedgehogs in the bed when I got there. Discovered the reason for the lumps and didn't think it was worth complaining about. Went to the pool and jacuzzi. Lots of towels, clean..jacuzzi was only tepid, not a real hot tub.
While returning from the pool saw a mouse scampering down the hallway and went under the door to the fitness room.
Breakfast was not so good. The waffle irons were not turned on, no pam for spraying, so when I got it turned on, my first got stuck to the waffle iron. Finally pried it out and a helpful person came over and got me some pam. The waffle iron still did not work according to the directions, but I got a cardboard waffle for my trouble. The sliced fruit was uncovered and slimy with age. Whole fruit was old and mealy, couldn't eat it. Orange juice was orange colored water with some flavoring, Tang is more hearty. In the shower later I was unable to get hot water or even adequately control the warmish water. Meanwhile, the drain was stopped up and I got an ankle bath (which I had to rinse seperately once out of the shower) The cleaning people knocked loudly on the door at 9:15...good thing I was already awake. Reviews said this was the best hotel in Washington. I'm glad I didn't stay at the contractor special Days Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank jim g
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I arrived at 2:00 pm parking lot big enough to get 1 or 2 semis into...standard Hampton..everything looked great outside and everything in the room was perfect..great bed,well lit,lots of hot water,good pressure htr/ac was quiet..entire room and bath were spotless...I checked out at 1:00 am and was greeted by a lovely and freindly young lady that had a pot of fresh coffee waiting...grocery store with a deli across the street....I was well satisfied and will be back here in the future..( around $82.00)...

Room Tip: top floor toward rear of hotel was nice and quiet, great for a day sleeper..
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank teamster175
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Whenever we come to washington for business, this is the choice for us and our clients.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank seable
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Fairfield Inn and Suites Washington
#6 of 22 in Greenville
Courtyard Greenville
Courtyard Greenville
#7 of 22 in Greenville

Been to Hampton Inn Washington? Share your experiences!