“Bbq was ok. Did not appear to be cooked on site. I did not see or smell smoke and it was saturday.”

Boss Hog's Backyard BBQ
Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Aa much as I love bbq this one was bland. Only chopped was available and texture was mushy.only one sauce which was bland. Collards were definitely the highlight as well as brunswick stew. However most of the food looked like it was out of a can and I did not smell a smoker. When I was there they were out of ketchup and the place was filthy. I would not go back.

McKinney, Texas
“Boss Hog's is the Boss for BBQ”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

All of the food was in heated, stainless steel tubs, behind sneezeguard glass, and one of the kitchen staff took my order and proceeded to scoop the bone-in chicken pieces out of a shallow pool of barbecue sauce -- that day's special was half of a twice-baked chicken with two sides.

Another lady dipped out my corn and my green beans, all onto a disposable plate. "Would you like hushpuppies?" she asked. I said "yes" and she laid a piece of wax paper over my food and then piled several fried lumps on top.

I have never eaten barbecue in eastern North Carolina, so maybe this is just common fare around here, but I was astounded at the chicken's flavor. I always peel the skin off chicken before eating, and even after that the flavor was great. I of course felt free to dip each bite into the sauce that had pooled in that compartment of my plate.

I sure would like to know the secret ingredient in that sauce that makes it unlike Memphis, Kansas City, or Texas barbecue. It was that good. The hushpuppies were warm and tasty, for sweet cornbread. My only knock is that they didn't have baked beans, as far as I could tell. One of the televisions was showing "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" and the other was showing old black-and-white movies. The restroom was very clean.

• Visited October 2011