Holiday Inn Express Wallace
$50
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmad boarriver landinghi expressduplin wineryquick checkvery pleasant staymyrtle beachclean roomsbed was comfortablefirst floorfree breakfastnorth carolinasuitebojanglesmicrowavehiehurricane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Arrived in the middle of a heavy thunderstorm and immediately I noticed this property was a bit different than most other (dull) HIE property layouts. It was a very nice and welcoming change. The girl at check-in was very friendly, polite and efficient, she offered a complimentary suite upgrade, which of course I accepted. The suite was very spacious, not the newest or the most stylish in terms of furniture, but still in good condition, comfortable and clean. My only complaint is the ice machine located right across the hallway. It could be heard throughout the night, when guests were pouring ice from it. The breakfast room is very nice and different too, but somewhat limited in seating capacity. All in all a very good stay, just what you expect from a HIE.

Room Tip: try getting a room/suite away from the ice machine
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

this is right off I 40, half hour from Wilmington Old Town. The restaurant next door looked nice but closed Mon. & Tuesday ( my 2 night in the area). Requested frig as no decent restaurants for 1/2 hour away, no frig or microwave available. 2nd floor was no smoking, but ice machine broke so down to lobby for ice to keep drinks cold. If you wander into Wallace avoid Country Kitchen, a buffet of over fried food.$104. a night. After 2 nights I moved to Hilton Riverside in Wilmington, only $91 on water, steak house and starbucks on site, actually on riverfront sidewalk to explore old town. An easy drive to Burgaw, Wallace and the airport. I really messed up staying and eating in Wallace! Hope this helps someone else...

Room Tip: 2nd floor no smoking
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wonderful stay at this site. Wonderful room!! Will stay again on next trip to Carolina beach!! Great rates also! Good morning breakfast. A+ HIghly recommend. Thanks to the manager. She was a great help and very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I arrived late Friday night from Savannah, Georgia and was truly surprised at how nice this hotel was. It had the qualites of one of the four star hotel. The beautiful entrance with a large bouquet of flowers seemed to welcome you without words. (talking about first impressions). We had requested a room next to my niece and her husband and our request was honored. The best part was that the rest of my family who had been traveling all night from Maryland/Delaware/New York early Saturday morning. I was waiting in th lobby for them, but of course, they were way to early to check in. John was on duty and the sleepy, tired, weary travelers stood at the front desk, looking rather confused when they were told that check in was 3:00 p.m. John told them that house keeping had not even gotten there so he didn't know how many rooms were ready. It wasn't long before his compassion allowed him to open the computer and ateemp a search to find at least one available room for which they could all at least put thier stuff in until the other rooms were ready......Just the mere fact that someone tried to help is enough satisfaction for me. He found as many available rooms as he could (before check in time) and continued to do whatever he could to be helpful. We were there for a funeral and when someone tries to make things a little easier for you during these difficult times, I am truly grateful. Consequently, he didn't even know that we were there for a funeral and yet he went that extra mile. Finally, we all got settled in- We felt right at home- breakfast was great! The dininig area, with it's to the top fireplace was as beautiful as any I've ever seen. And trust me I have been in some of the best and it was right up there with them. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. I was surprised by all the positive aspects of this Holiday Inn Express. It made me wonder if I should try others. They also gave us a bereavement rate, which I thought was absolutely "fantastic". Looking at the rest of the reviews, I really don't think that I've said anything that hasn't already been said. On behalf of the Delaware/Maryland/New York/Georgia crew..... thank you John and the whole crew at the Holiday Inn Express in Wallace! I'd come back anytime.....hopefully, not for a funeral!

Room Tip: Some say not near the vending machines...that's in any hotel. Fortunately I wasn't near a vending machine and I didn't hear any of my family members complain.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Me and my husband we traveling to the beach and needed to stop and sleep, checked the other reviews and decided to stop. I was very satisfied, very clean friendly staff. I would absolutely stay there next time passing through!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012