“Splendidly good seafood - best in NC including the coast!!!”

Walkertown Seafood Shack
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Walkertown
Cuisines: Seafood
Madison, North Carolina, United States
“Splendidly good seafood - best in NC including the coast!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Imagine the freshest seafood in the middle of NC....Seafood Shack is actually better than coastal seafood restaurants. Thick flounder fillets (not the thin skimpy fillets served everywhere else), sweet scallops, delicious oysters and excellent service. The only item I was not thrilled with was the crab cakes.....a bit too salty and "normal" for the quality of the other items. Portions are huge....share with others for sure (extra plates are 53 cents to pay for the washing!). This is definitely worth the trip - be prepared to wait 30 minutes or more, but the wait is definitely worth it!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sandie D

“Typical NC style seafood”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Cute decor with very pleasant staff. The food is what you expect on NC based seafood. Fried calabash style shrimp and other fried fish. There are some non fried foods and salads. These are good but I have had better. Their fried foods they do well with a light batter and non greasy selections. For those who complain about the food and menu, remember where you are. It reminds me of the old fish camp style food. When I go to eat, I go for the fried shrimp. It is great and miss not being able to get that other places. It is a great value with large portion. Perfect for a family dinner and take out is excellent.

“Good experience”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Just visited this restaurant with my wife, we were starving and stop by for some quick food.
But surprise, we got some awesome food what have to be honest beats some beachfront restaurants with quality and taste.
Priced right.
Portion too big me and my wife have two meals and we filled box to go what was left between us.
Will go again.

Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“Just average”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

An OK place if you are in the mood for deep fried seafood. You will walk out full. With that said, nothing that great about the food. However, very friendly, down home service!

Visited December 2013
Stokesdale, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best seafood for a great price”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

About four years ago, a friend took me there for lunch after church. I really enjoy seafood, but we all know how expensive it can be. I have shown a lot of people over the last four years how good this food/service is better than most any seafood server.

• Visited August 2013