“Very Good Hotel - Very Few Negatives”

Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wake Forest
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I stay at a hotel, I’m looking for a few things: is it safe? Is it clean? Can I sleep well? How’s the water pressure? How’s the internet connection? Other things add or detract but those are the basic factors.

I chose this hotel completely based on TripAdvisor reviews. I have not traveled to this area in some years and the hotel that I had been using now had a number of negative reviews and this was a positively reviewed alternative. Upon arrival, I found my reservation in order and check-in and check-out were efficient and uncomplicated. Initially, the hotel property and the hotel itself were so clean that I wondered if it were a new property but associates inform me that it has been there for some years therefore the upkeep and renovations are very well done.

I felt safe as to my person and property throughout my stay. The hotel is off a main road in a commercial area of town and there is quick access to a variety of eating places and stores, some within walking distance.

The hotel was spotlessly clean, inside and out and was kept that way throughout my stay. The room has no refrigerator or microwave but does have a one-cup coffeemaker, iron, and ironing board. There are not a lot of outlets but they are well-placed. The air conditioning and heating (both of which were needed) both work effectively. The sink and counter area is very small and would not accommodate two people at once. In fact, with the coffeemaker on that counter, the space is quite limited. And lack of counter space across the entire room is an issue. The flat-screen TV sits on the end of the desk and occupies a lot of space and there is only a small place to put a suitcase – and it would have to be a relatively small one to fit – and there is no suitcase carriage in the room. The bathroom was clean, mold and smell-free, and the water pressure was adequate. The only problem is that the floor of the shower stall is plastic and slippery and would benefit from an anti-slip mat. As it is, use care as you step into and out of the stall.

The internet was fast and very easy to access. There was no necessity for a password and the connection was automatic.

The continental breakfast was limited and unimpressive and there was almost no coffee at the time that was there.

The only real negative was the intrusion of sound from everywhere. I could hear doors closing readily, enough that the slam of the door closing awoke me early. In addition, the tread of footsteps in the room above me kept awakening me at night. The first night, when that room was occupied, I never really got any good sleep as the person seemed to be up and down and walking around all night and the sound was intrusive and kept me awake. Next time I may request a top-floor room.

All in all, this was a good stay and this will be my hotel of choice in the future when I am in the area.

Room Tip: You may want to think about a top-floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Christopher M, Manager at Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Our staff loved to read about your honest and great review! At the Sleep Inn of Wake Forest we try to provide the best customer service possible. We wish to touch base with you and hear ways we could improve our services. We're glad we could provide a value that is unmatched in our area. We hope you will choose to stay with us if you travel to the Wake Forest area again!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very surprised that the room was very comfortable. The value was great! I especially
liked the shower, instead of a tub and the commode was a standard commode with a lid.....not an institutional style. I have a hip and back problem, so that is very important to me. Also, a full breakfast included in the room price was great! I will stay their again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Christopher M, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on us. Our staff was delighted to hear that you found everything very comfortable. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of our rooms. We take pride in offering the best value in wake forest and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The internet info was very good and the phone reservations' staff ad desk staff courteous, and helpful. The exercise room right next to the pleasant indoor and well lit pool was a plus. The breakfast area and offerings were very good. Chosing a room with a shower only made it more affordable. The beds and four pillows each were very comfortable and the large TV with free HBO enjoyable. WiFi was also free and easily accesible thanks to not needing a password. I wll not hesitate to go back there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Your great review is very much appreciated by our staff here at the Sleep Inn. Our main goal is to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Great staff who were always very courteous and helpful. Breakfast was sufficient. Room clean and comfortable, especially the bed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Our staff was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the great compliments. If you stay in the area next time we hope you will enjoy our new and improved hot breakfast.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Everything about the Sleep Inn Hotel was perfect! The service was wonderful, the pool was great, and the room was spotless. Very affordable hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed several times and all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Christopher M, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for such kind compliments of our hotel. We are grateful you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have stayed several times at the Sleep Inn while in classes for Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I appreciate the quiet, clean and desk area in the rooms. The beds are some of the most comfortable I have slept! Thank you for the an environment that helps students, such as I, to be able to study while out of town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank pastorrichard
Christopher M, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff was delighted to hear we could provide a quiet and comfortable living accomadation while you study.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Sleep Inn. The hotel is clean and quiet. We got a room with a king bed and found the bed to be pretty comfortable. The room has both a refrigerator and microwave which was nice. The breakfast was OK. Not a huge selection of food but the hostess in the breakfast room was very sweet and made sure everything was clean and well stocked. The front desk staff made our check in and check out effortless. They were efficient and very personable. Even the maids were friendly. All in all, we had a very pleasant stay and will definately stay here again when we visit our family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Christopher M, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It is always pleasant to hear that our customers are satisfied. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal here at the Sleep Inn Wake Forest and I hope you found that to be true during your stay with us. We hope that time spent visiting your family was memorable and magnificent. We will be sure to pass the news along to our staff about your stay, and we look forward to your next arrival.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wake Forest
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest
Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest
Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North
Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh North

Been to Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North? Share your experiences!