“Disappointing”

Ranked #85 of 140 Restaurants in Wake Forest
OHIO
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staying in a nearby hotel, my wife and I visited mid-afternoon on Sunday, March 31 for something light. There were only and few other patrons and we were seated promptly.

We asked our server about the soup-of-the-day and was told they did not have soup of the day on week-ends. I then ordered the tomato basil soup listed on the menu, but it was unavailable. I settled on the cheese quesadilla with which I had no complaint. My wife ordered the chicken tortilla soup which she has enjoyed at other Applebee's. When it arrived, there was no resemblance to soup. The bowl was piled high with solid ingredients, but very little "soup". I wish that I had thought to take a picture.

Although there were few other patrons, we waited about twenty minutes for a bowl of soup and quesadilla. When finished, we had to wait for our check. The service was slow, and the kitchen was slower.

Franchise restaurants survive on consistency. This one failed to live up.

• Visited March 2013

Sykesville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CandlewoodWF”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Normal Applebees food, good and hot, had a lot of flavor, I got the new chicken dish - weight watchers, a little too much onion in the rice , but over all a good dish.

Visited September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always pretty good”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We go there often since it's close to home. Food is always pretty good - had boneless hot wings and they were moist and lots of sauce. Our server was great - very friendly!!

Visited August 2012
Michigan
“Fast, tasty meal.”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I arrived during a slow time (about 4:30 p.m.), and was able to order, eat and even relax a little, all in about 30 minutes. Great service and a great steak.

Visited April 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Average chain food”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I dont like the feel of this resturant, even with the re-furb they just completed. The food is hit and miss. Service is average. There are so many more better resturants in Wake Forest

Visited June 2011