“Very good Italian food and friendly staff!”

La Foresta Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #34 of 145 Restaurants in Wake Forest
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Description: Family owned and operated Italian Restaurant and NY Style Pizzeria. Authentic, made from scratch entrees and Pizza, made to order. Gluten Free pizza and pasta available. Family friendly dining. Private Party room available for up to 40 people. Covered Patio dining (dogs allowed). Dine in or Take out. Trays of food for large groups available.
Oxford, North Carolina
“Very good Italian food and friendly staff!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A couple of my friends and I dined here on a Friday evening. I had the Caesar salad with a slice of cheese pizza. I had to try a slice of pizza because of the good reviews I read on this website! I was not disappointed ordering the pizza as it was one of the best slices of pizza I've ever had. My only disappointment with the Caesar salad was I didn't like the way the lettuce was cut. Evidently, the lettuce was sliced instead of chopped. As I would stick my fork in the salad and raise the fork up from the plate, there would be long "ribbons" of lettuce which had to be cut with a knife.....too much to put in your mouth at one time! LOL! My friends ordered egg plant parm. and stromboli. I have never seen such a huge stromboli in my life! My friend could only eat half, so he had a nice portion to take home with him.
Our waitress was very friendly and also very attentive. The hostesses were nice as well. A blonde lady stopped by our table after our meal to ask if we enjoyed our dinner. I presume she was the owner's wife, co-owner, or perhaps manager. It was nice of the lady to ask, however, we were puzzled as to how she was affiliated with the restaurant.
If parking in front of the restaurant along the street is not available, there is a parking lot behind La Foresta. The parking lot is easy to access as this restaurant is located on a corner.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Michael D

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hidden gem in Wake Forest”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great atmosphere, plenty of choices. Quantity is very generous. Love the ambiance and the overall experience.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Subir M
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Chef David does it GREAT!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Soup & Salad lunch is always healthy. The 3 soups offered are all great! My FAV is Italian Wedding Soup with tender, tasty Meatballs and they live in a hearty broth that is chock full of FLAVOR with a generous portion of cheese that melts into the hot broth. The comp Bread Sticks & sauce complement the meal perfectly.
This is a standard splurge of TIME as we live 15 miles away, but is worth the trip.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank donnanwill
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Not just pizza”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Yes, the pizza is oh so good but the carbonara rocks (uses bowties and adds peas - I know, but it works!!), the stromboli are packed full of toppings. I usually get one and save some for next day, reheats well. If you bring the kids, they will give them a little piece of pizza dough each if you ask, and this keeps the kids busy until the food arrives. Staff has always been friendly and the food has always been excellent.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hootennanny
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Outstanding Pizza!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am originally from upstate NY and have only lived in NC for 3 years. NC restaurants tend to not make the best pizza. HOWEVER, this restaurant has AMAZING NY style pizza. It is better than some of the pizza I've eaten in upstate NY. Their antipasto salad was made with fresh mozzarella and was equally as good. Loved the service AND the fact that they gave my boys (ages 4 and 5) some pizza dough to play with while we waited. Please give them a try…you will not be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013