“Yum!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great bar-b-que. It's worth the trouble parking in the little lot, it's a good value and a good meal.

Visited March 2013

Wake Forest, North Carolina
“I'll be back though”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was so excited when we entered. The hush puppies were great as was the server and most of all it's locally owned. What disappointed me was the BBQ. We'll be back in the future though.

• Visited December 2012
Wake Forest, NC
“Reasonably priced and good food.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a new restaurant and this was our first visit. The pulled pork BBQ was awesome and by itself is worth the trip. My wife tried the shrimp poboy and it was good although the shrimp was a bit overcooked. I will return to try their BBQ chicken and ribs in the near future. The oly negative point is at this time it is not a full service restaurant and has limited seating.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank mike_jarman2002
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ate at this restaurant several months ago after they had been open a couple months. Writing this review now n the hopes that others will as it was not available to review on this site then. I had BBQ chicken and it was quite good. It was REAL BBQ chicken not baked chicken with BBQ sauce on it that a lot of places try to sell. They have several types of BBQ and a good choice of sides. If I remember right and I may not they either had plastic utensils and/or paper plates that even though it is a BBQ restaurant I thought were out of place. Anyway I stand corrected if I am wrong. I will go back. .In fact I tried to go back and they are closed Mondays.

• Visited September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Thanksgiving Take Out Option”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

For Thanksgiving, The Fire Pit Restaurant offered complete Turkey/Side Dishes packages for pick up. Given that I was having a total 27 people over for Thanksgiving, I ordered the largest amount which cost somewhere in the amount of 250 bucks. Everyone especially loved the smoked taste of the turkey and on of our more professional cooks said, it was the best she had ever had. That goes along way with me. The sides are the following:
Sweet potato casserole (2 pounds) was a favorite
Green bean casserole (2 pounds) was standard
Mashed potatoes (2 pounds) was a favorite
Mac and cheese (2 pounds) was some of the best I ever had
Cranberry sauce was standard
Sweet tea was a great choice as well. Just wanted to give restaurant for improving upon our annual traditions. I will mention that when I arrived at 11 to pick the food up, there was line of people waiting...so it must be a popular choice. Rumor has it that they may offer a smoked ham over Christmas and I will certainly jump on that band wagon too. I have never eaten in the restaurant itself..but if this food is indicative, I will be back one way or another. Thanks for making our thanksgiving appetites hungry for more.
The package came corn bread and honey butter
them. The selection was a sizable smoked turkey along with 12 pounds of side options. The turkey was very tender and almost melted in you mouth and it was nice change of the smoked variety. The entire meal served a total of 26 people over the course of the day and everyone enjoyed it all.

• Visited November 2012