“A truly unique eatery”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a truly unique eatery. the food is always fresh, the baked good are incredible. Staff is super friendly, like neighbors. Breakfast here is a real treat.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I want to love this place as it is a little town place with a good homey feel to it an a lot of friendly staff.
Breakfast: I've had breakfast here once and it was good - overall, a 3 out of 5. No butter on the toast and the eggs and bacon were standard fare. Breakfast at Cracker Barrel is much better.
Lunch: I've had several of the sandwiches, some better than others. The Rueben, Patty Melt and Roast Beef was very good, while the Meatloaf, Salmon and Chicken Parmesan was just okay.
Dinner: The Friday and Saturday night Prime Rib Dinner is very good for the money.
Bakery: The Buttermilk donuts are wonderful. The individual Chocolate Bundt Cakes are very good. The Fruit Coffee Cake/Streusel Squares and cookies are average. The Apple Pie was horrible - no apples and a ton of gelatin like glue filling. With exception of some of the donuts and the Chocolate Bundt Cakes, their bakery items look much better than they taste. The quality ingredients just aren't there.
Overall Food: 3
Friendly Staff: 5
I think they really need to work on their bakery items, as overall they fall very short. And that is disappointing considering they are calling themselves a Cafe & Bakery.

3  Thank Love-Wyoming
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I loved this place. We were visiting family who were telling us how wonderful the doughnuts were here so we decided to stop by to pick up a few but when we saw their breakfast menu we decided to have breakfast first. A very nice menu selection. I had quiche, very good; my husband had a traditional ham & egg, also very good. We eventually did purchase doughnuts to take along to our family and they weren't exaggerating. They all looked so good it was hard to choose. It was St. Patrick's Day weekend so we selected a themed doughnut for the little kids and apple fritters and beignets for the adults. Yum. The staff was so nice and friendly as well. We went back the next day before heading home. It will be a regular stop everytime we visit.

1  Thank Ann1018
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This Grill has been in Wake Forest for more than an year now and we had never gone in. Now I do not know why. My wife and I went there on Friday night for the first time and I we each had a special. Mine was the prime rib diner and my wife had the grilled salmon. WOW is what I would like to say. I was not expecting much but fantastic is what I received. You pay before you sit down, after waiting in line. They bring your food to you and very quickly I might add. They serve no alcohol, but that was ok water was just fine. My wife's salmon and my prime rib were fantastic. I am quite a chef so this is no under or over statement. The presentation was great (would not expect more at a five star restaurant). We liked it so much we got take out the very next night, and will be back many more times in the future!

1  Thank ncbldr
Reviewed January 24, 2013

When you walk in don't be swayed by the line. Waiting lets you take in all the baked goodies and the daily selections being prepared and leaving the kitchen. I don't know how they turn out so many tasty meals in such a little place. Try it all!