“Good Sometimes”

Tropical Picken Chicken
Ranked #42 of 148 Restaurants in Wake Forest
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great deal for family outings. Awesome carribean food.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I used to go to this place very frequently during the first owners but now I don't know if its the time or different cooks. The food is inconsistent and I used to enjoy it a lot but I have found some days its great some days its just not as good. I think the menu is severely confusing and might as well not have prices bcs what you see is not what you pay. The older menu was simple and easily understood but now you might be ordering something for 8 to 9 dollars and by the time you are ready to checkout it could be well above what you thought you would play. Its not a place to experiment new food bcs you never know what you will have to pay. The food averages in portions but not my first choice for restaurant any more. As a born and raised in Puertorican this is somewhat authentic.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

What an amazing experience! I am from New York and traveled to visit DUKE University. Feeling a bit home sick, I decided to feed my soul with authentic latin food. Heard about this restaurant from a couple in the mall and knew I had to try it before I traveled North. I wish I had the couples number to thank them. Very welcoming feeling from the moment I walked in. Great tasting food at a low price = A great day! Looking forward to returning... Keep up the great work!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

As soon as i open the door this place took me way way back when ever i go vist puerto rico and find a nice little hole in the wall wth awesome food,,,well this was it the food was awesome and so so cheap i did'nt even use my coupon cuz i plan 2 return wth my whole family and friends the service was great and they were very sweet and especially the ower he came 2 our table and wanted 2 know how we liked the food and where we were from (Salinas p.r)if u really hav'nt eatten abuelita food and really don't know how it taste i think u should take a trip down p.r and drive down into the woods then u would say hoooollllllllly moooooollllly with me

r

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am from NJ. Used to love this rest. But I went recently and the food is no good, prices are high and service no good either. I email them and never got a response. I took home my favorite 3 leches and it was rottenwasted my moneyand could have gotten food poisining.

3  Thank Marilyn R
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our work bought a Groupon and had them cater. Everything had a wonderful twist on it without taking away from traditional Thanksgiving. I would recommend to anyone.