“Simply Amazing!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wake Forest
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this location with a friend about a month ago and it was simply amazing. The hotel staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. They helped us find the perfect place to have dinner - a little hole in the wall Italian place called Dante's. The beds were very comfortable and they even provided me with a special firm pillow for my back! Not only were the rooms comfortable but they were also very clean their housekeeping did a wonderful job. If we are ever back in the are I will definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
cwswfteam, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for the amazing review! As always we strive to ensure our guests receive the best in class service. I will be happy to pass this information along to our team. They will be happy to have heard from you. We look forward to your next trip. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. Our reservation was for 7 nights but we checked out one day early. The hotel was great, rooms were clean, accommodations wonderful. When we checked out one day early, the desk clerk adjusted our bill according to our early checkout. We were given a receipt and were on our way. The following day we discovered an additional night's stay had been debited from our bank account. AFTER the bill had been settled and a receipt issued. My husband called and they took our number and the manager called back. She told my husband that since we checked out after 6 nights, it "wasn't considered an extended stay so we could not receive the extended stay price". Ok? I can understand that IF it's explained before I receive a receipt. No business should ever remove money from a persons bank account without their knowledge. I LOVED this hotel. I don't love how this hotel does business. We are definitely not satisfied with the outcome.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Robin S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Robin S,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased with your kind words regarding our facility and your room accommodation.

It is a regret that we have failed to set proper expectations regarding your bill. I appreciate that you have brought your concern to us and I would like to follow up on you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend while I had some work done on my home. What a great getaway right here close to home. Check in was easy and the staff was so friendly. I was able to bring my dog as this is the only pet friendly hotel in town. The beds were so comfortable, I slept great every night. My room was clean, bathroom spotless, even the fridge was spotless. Everyone was so welcoming, even the other guests were friendly. The atmosphere is very inviting and you really do check out feeling like your a part of the Family. Being able to cook my dinners each night was such a treat. The laundry facility they have in the hotel is also a great idea. No coins and you leave with clean clothes. I loved it! I would definately stay here again and recommend the hotel to any family or friends that come to town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
cwswfteam, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! I will be sure to pass this along to all of our team members, especially the suite attendant staff who works day and night to ensure our suites are the cleanest in the area. We look forward to seeing you and your family or friends soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Lots of short cuts and obvious attempts to cut costs make this place less than desirable. I've never stayed in a hotel where you have to take your towels to the front desk to get fresh ones. Obviously, I chose to reuse my towels rather than carry a bunch of damp or wet linens down the hall. The room was not as clean as it should have been. There were food crumbs (part of a cookie) under the table. Housekeeping just did not bother to move a chair to vacuum under the table. No luggage rack in the room. They don't have them so they brought us a folding chair to put our luggage on. No ironing board either so they had to bring us that too. My guess is that it was the only one they had.

Despite the shortcomings of the hotel itself, the staff was very pleasant and eager to please. It would have been helpful for them to have a list of area restaurants but they tried to help. Problem is that the young staff was only able to refer us to pizza and burger places, no fine dining.

When I asked about directions to a local wedding venue, the staff had no clue. Turns out the venue was only 1/2 mile away.

Knowing the venues, points of interest, restaurants, etc in the area are just basics in the hospitality industry. My guess is that they hire young inexperienced staff so they don't pay much and then don't bother to train them properly.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Soapbox R
cwswfteam, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. You stayed at our hotel at the suggestion of the bride of your wedding party. We had detailed conversations with her and she knew the services and amenities we provide. We're sorry that this information was not relayed to you before your stay. We have taken steps to work on the issues you mentioned to ensure that none of our guests have these types of problems. To provide further background we follow the EEOC's guidelines when hiring our team members. I have sent you a private message so we can discuss your concerns in a more intimate setting. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Some have stayed longer than 53 days, but this was a first for me. My family of four (me, hubby, 5 year old and 2 year old) lived here for 53 days while we were relocating to the area. I wasn't sure what to expect in living in a hotel room for this long, but I was very pleased with the experience. The staff make you feel like family and quickly respond to any problem you may have at all. Customer service is off the charts as they are so friendly and helpful. They serve a free "appetizer-dinner" two nights a week to their guests which we took advantage of on many occasions. Cleanliness is excellent! Any other Candlewood Suites we stay at has a very high standard set before it from this place. Stay with them. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: If you have kids and are staying a long time, ask for joining floor rooms. A few times we got a bit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer K
It was an absolute delight to have the opportunity to serve you and your family. We became so attached that even your children knew our names! My team was very excited to see your review! I hope you are enjoying your new house! Thank you for being so great to our team. We really appreciate it. Now that you are not too far from us, please be sure to come by and visit! See you soon!

Yours truly,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We've stayed here many times and each time we are extremely pleased with the accommodations, the room and the staff. We plan to stay there each time we come!! We visit Wake Forest on the average of 4-5 times each year and we always stay here.

Room Tip: Have been pleased with every room!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
My staff and I appreciate the loyalty and feedback! We are happy that we are able to make your trips to Wake Forest comfortable and relaxing. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and have a blessed day!

Until Next Time,
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We live in the area and had some work done on our home that required us to stay for a few nights. I've passed by this property many times. It is convenient to shops and restaurants. Has a nice side walk for walking which leads to a few restaurants others are within a short drive. The property was very clean and maintained nicely. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Full size fridge, microwave and 2 burner range top. Probably not a lot of Sunday dinners being prepared here, but definitely will get you by. Hopefully we will not have a need to stay again, but I will definitely recommend for friends and family coming to the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are more than pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! With our new Lending Locker you may be able to make those Sunday dinner feasts within the comfort of your suite! Again thank you for the great review. The pictures look great. They actually show our future guests how comfortable our suites can be. Thank you for going out of your way to do this for us. Since you're in the area, be sure to come by and say hello! See you soon!

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wake Forest
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest
Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest
Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center

Been to Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel? Share your experiences!