Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wake Forest
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights, during a family reunion in Wake Forest. Just a few minutes away from the family, but close to retail to get supplies. Bed was very comfortable, room was spacious even without the separate bedroom. Kitchen was adequate for what we used it for, nice to have full fridge with functioning icemaker in it. The towels were a little rough to the touch, but overall a pleasant place to stay.

Patrick at the front desk was very pleasant and easy to work with.

Room Tip: If you have sleep issues with a partner, make sure you ask for the suite with a separate bedroom. Ot...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you chose our hotel while you were in town visiting family. I will be sure to personally pass your comments on to Patrick; he will be excited to hear about your review! We will take a look at the towels and get in touch with our vendor to see if we can keep them soft. We look forward to your next stay with us. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had 20 plus family members coming to Wake Forest right before the July 4th holiday! Not enough room at my house for them....needed some place for the "gang". Candlewood Suites was the perfect choice. The staff was professional, rooms were spacious and clean, and the hotel was easy to locate and close to everything. Would recommend them to anyone and will use them again for the next family get together.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

What a surprise! It is always a pleasure to serve a fellow Wake Forest neighbor! We are excited to hear that all of your guests thoroughly enjoyed our accommodations! Thank you for giving us the chance to serve you and your family. We look forward to making their stay even better next time around! See you soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stay at this property exclusively when I'm in the Wake Forrest/Durham area (about once per month). The staff is always professional, well trained and above all--they are free to make decisions that impact customer satisfaction.

Speaking as a person who typically doesn't sleep well when I'm away from home, that has never been true at this property. The mattresses and bedding are extremely comfortable and the rooms are equipped so well that I typically take all my meals in my room. At one point during one of my recent stays, one piece of equipment that is typically available to all patrons was not available to me--the hotel was full when I arrived, and other guests had already checked out all available units. This explanation was perfectly acceptable to me, but NOT for this outstanding staff. They called the general manager at home. He, in turn, when shopping and arrived at the door to my room well after office hours to present me with the equipment I needed. This is just one example of the many different ways I see this imaginative staff being great at what they do.

Everyone, from the general manager, to the housekeeping staff: Solid professionals who should be extremely proud of the model of excellence they've built there.

One last thing: The other patrons--Over the months that I've been staying here, I have noticed many familiar faces. I am clearly not the only one who keeps coming back. The other guests in the hotel now feel more like neighbors and we pay neighborly respects to each other. No loud music or carrying on late at night. Staying here is a real treat for me--since my business in the area is very challenging. The staff makes me feel not only that I am welcomed when I arrive, but that I was also missed while I was gone. I have never--ever--experienced that at another hotel.

If you stay anywhere else while in Wake Forrest and aren't pleased, you can't say I sat on a good thing and kept it to myself.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or pool--don't come here looking for the free breakfast buffet. But do e...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CoachHaack

It is always a pleasure serving you and we're delighted to see that you had a chance to review us on TripAdvisor.com! You have always been a wonderful person and a great guest! Thank you for continuing to stay with us and trusting us to deliver the best in class service. We look forward to your future stays with us. If there is anything we can do to make your stays even more exceptional, please let us know! We can't wait to pass your words along to our team. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

From the first phone call to check the rate4s and see about reservations I was treated with every courtesy, and every request was worked out. Demetria was the nicest person to deal with and so enjoyable always greeting you with a smile. If you need a hotel in Wake Forest, NC this is it. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It was excellent!.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

There is one word that our team members look for when they look at our reviews and that is: "Best". Our team works tirelessly day and night to ensure that each guest is provided the cleanest rooms in our area and that they leave with a smile on their face. Thank you for telling the world about your experience and thank you for choosing our hotel while you were in Wake Forest. We get up in the morning everyday to hear about experiences like yours. Thank you from the entire team at the beautiful new Candlewood Suites of Wake Forest! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Oddest thing about our stay was being moved out of our room without notice. We booked four nights here, 2 on airline miles and 2 paid with credit card. All nights under the same name, but under two separate reservation numbers. When we checked in we told the clerk about it, he said no problem to combine the information and he took both of our cell numbers in case there was a problem. At the end of the second day I returned to the hotel to find all our property was put in storage. The desk clerk told me he wasn't sure if we were staying or not or if someone else was coming in under our reservation (HUH???). He didn't bother to call our cell phones to ask, he just had our stuff cleared out. We were now being assigned a room on another floor and I could help the maid move my stuff out of storage and carry it upstairs to our new room.

This whole thing made zero sense and was an unnecessary inconvenience. A simple phone call would have saved lots of extra work for hotel staff and for me!

We liked having the added kitchen amenities to our room, it helped lessen the eating out costs of the trip.

The location is convenient to Wake Forest and north Raleigh, not so for the airport or train stations.

Noise from other rooms was an issue. We either had a person above who stomped all the time or the ceilings are a bit "thin". Same issue with hallway noise.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sp4301

First and foremost, thank you for booking your IHG Rewards Free Night at our hotel! We really enjoyed having you stay with us. I understand that there was a hiccup during your stay however there is a logical explanation as to why the human error or miscommunication was made. Due to your Free IHG Rewards Night we had two reservations in your name. There are many times where guests book two separate reservations, in your case it was due to your IHG Reward Free Night. When you arrived for your first two nights, you were assigned a room. For the last two nights you were assigned a different room. The reasoning behind this is because another guest had requested your first room and they were entitled to it. Our staff made several efforts to contact you, but the number provided was out of service. When you arrived our staff asked if they could help you move into the other room.

In reference to the noise, our team members was not made aware of the noise issues. Our team members are highly trained and are diligent about ensuring that each guest gets a peaceful nights rest and are quick to act when a complaint has been presented to them.

We were extremely concerned and confused when we read your comments as one of our team members informed us that you thoroughly enjoyed the cleanliness and amenities of our hotel. We hope that you will come back to visit us so that we can provide you with a flawless experience at our beautiful new hotel. We have reviewed your experience with our entire team and we will be making adjustments to avoid these rare but important situations in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend for our Son's wedding in April, 2013 and stayed at Candlewood Suites, Wake Forsest, NC. The guest relations persons were well informed about our large group and very accomodating to all our needs. The hotel was extremely clean, beds were wonderful, but most of all was the excelent service. We will definately stay again at Candlewood Suites!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

It was a pleasure having the opportunity to serve you, your family and friends for this once in a lifetime event! We were so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay and that the wedding was a huge success! We look forward to seeing you around when you come to visit your son and daughter in law! Thank you again for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We recently spent 2 nights and the experience was great. Nice kitchenette area. Had grandchildren come to visit and they loved the exercise room. Pet friendly and since we have 2 Cocker Spaniels, that is a must.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our beautiful new hotel! I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our team members. We look forward to the next time you're in the area! See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wake Forest
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center
WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center

Been to Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel? Share your experiences!