“Very nice - especially for extended stay”

Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wake Forest
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here for only one night - in the area to attend ice hockey game w/family from Richmond. Was especially impressed at all the items supplied in the kitchenette. You had everything you needed for an extended stay - glasses, silverware, dishes, pots and pans. The only thing wrong in the room, was that the ice maker did not work and the hotel does not have an ice machine (we had to get ice from the front desk). The only other problem was a little issue over getting a printed receipt when we checked out - they wanted to email us a receipt because we were with a hockey group and received a discount. I also missed having the availability of a continental breakfast, but I guess that's what you get with a suite hotel. This is a good location and the hotel is new and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank B D
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your candid review! We enjoyed having your group stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. In the future, we will be happy to turn on the Ice Makers before your group arrives (by request). For health reasons we are not allowed to leave the ice makers on. In addition, we do have breakfast, lunch and dinner options in our Candlewood Cupboard. Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful new hotel. The entire team at the Candlewood Suites Wake Forest truly appreciated it! See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I simply do not have enough words to praise this hotel and its general manager, Milan. My husband and I arrived in Wake Forest for a five day visit to see my newborn niece. The hotel I originally booked was a nightmare. I called Candlewood Suites last minute to switch and they welcomed me with open arms. Milan even helped me bring my luggage cart to my room. (My husband is legally blilnd.) The room was perfect. The staff oriented me to staying at an extended stay hotel. Even though I am a Priority Club member I've never thought to use this type of hotel. It truly felt like my own apartment....with a wonderful staff (especially Christina at the front desk)
answering any questions or requests. This hotel is the BEST and ONLY choice in the area. You will be very pleased!

Room Tip: I was put on the 4th floor (back). I had the AC on so it was quiet.......but note....at 7AM the tow...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

My entire team was extremely excited to read your review. We are very sorry for the accommodations you received at other hotels in our area. However it was an opportunity for us to showcase our beautiful new hotel and what we have to offer. Our mantra will be and always has been to provide the cleanest rooms in our area with the best customer service. Thank you for your honest review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Wake Forest NC!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks prior to our closing. The staff was professional, friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and had all of the amenities we needed, including being conveniently located next to a Walgreens and a Target. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! It was an absolute honor to accommodate you and your family as you transitioned into your new home. It was a pleasure to meet your entire family. When you are nearby please be sure to come by and say hello! Thank you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Candlewood Suites in Wake Forest is the best choice in the area. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and will bend over backwards to make your stay exceptional. They have a great location, and quiet, big rooms. I especially enjoyed the fitness center! I like the fact that they allow animals in some rooms. That contributes to the "homey" atmosphere. The manager, Milan, is a very conscientious and definitely concerned about customer satisfaction. I recommend it!

Room Tip: The third floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Our team was ecstatic to read your review. Its wonderful to see you enjoying our state of the art Candlewood Gym. Maybe next time we'll be able to join you for a run! Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is a very clean hotel. The rooms are spacious and don't have musty, mildew, or pet odors (even though this hotel allows animals). There is not a pool, which would have been great with the Raleigh/Wake Forest muggy August weather. There is no free breakfast at the hotel, but several fast food restaurants, Waffle House, and Krispy Kreme donuts nearby. Jessica at the front desk was great and always had a pleasant attitude.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad L
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for noticing the small details about our beautiful new hotel! As you already know, these small details have a huge effort behind them. Our Heart of the House (Suite Attendant Department) was extremely appreciative of your comments. Our team puts their 110% into every room and we are delighted to hear that you noticed our quality. This is why we pride ourselves in being the cleanest hotel in our area. For future reference, since we are an environmentally friendly hotel, we do not have a pool on site. However, we will credit you if you visit the clean community pool of Wake Forest (they also have Life Guard(s)!). Also, we have breakfast, lunch and dinner options in our Candlewood Cupboard, but there are also some excellent breakfast restaurants in close proximity. Thank you again for noticing the small things that make a big impact. We look forward to your next visit! See you soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I checked in and Was blown away with the hospitality and customer service I received from Jessica. She impressed a very difficult person whom seldom would spend the time to write a review good or bad!

I have fiund my place to stay while in Wake Forest!

Great place to stay very clean, quite and friendly!

Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ScottKVARealtor

Thank you for your candid review! Jessica was extremely happy when I showed her your review. Jessica has been one our dedicated team members who has worked diligently to ensure each guest receives the best customer service possible. Regardless of the situation our team's philosophy is to ensure that each guest is treated as we would like to be treated. Thank you for noticing this about Jessica and our team. We look forward to your next visit to the Candlewood Suites Wake Forest! See you soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for my family reunion. While the hotel was very new and clean, my stay was average due to my experiences with the front desk who seemed to be very confused and unknowledgable. We also experienced an extremely loud young sports team being rowdy in the lobby. This wouldn't have been so bad if my entire family wasn't placed on the first floor next to the lobby. I wish the management team had forseen this and placed us on a separate floor before we checked in.

The front desk instance came when I requested new wash clothes and towels. The gentleman at the front desk claimed that there were none available and that someone was actually doing the laundry in the back room and it wasn't finished. I asked him if there truly wasn't a clean cloth in the entire hotel and he said no. Because of this delay, my entire family was late getting to our reunion destination. We ended up borrowing towels from our other family members in separate rooms.

Later on that night (Nearly 6 hrs later) I went back to the front desk to see if the towels were ready. There was a woman this time, who told me that I'd have to physically bring my towels to the front desk and I would be given clean equivilants to everything I bought. I then explained to her that there were barely any towels in my room to begin with, and she proceeded to tell me that this was because there was only one person signed up as a guest in that room, and that they only provide the amount of towels per person.

This was clearly a lie (or a mistake on their part) because I was the one that made the reservation and I clearly stated that there may be two people in the room (my parents), but there would probably end up being four. Never did I say just one person. This was the reason for which we changed the room from a single King to two beds at the time of making the reservation. Furthermore, we checked in as a family or four. Needless to say, I gathered wash clothes and towels from two other family's guest rooms and gave them to her just to get fresh ones, as she refused to give me ANY additional ones.

I cannot begin to tell you how much of an enconvience this entire experience was. Other family members has issues too. One's remote control wasn't working, and when they went to the front desk to ask for a replacement or new batteries, they claimed they had none on site and had to run out to the store. I just cannot understand how ill prepared this hotel was.

I also am not saying that the front desk staff were rude or mean in anyway, and I understand that the hotel is an extended stay and therefore have different policies.... but the GUEST always comes first... and my stay would have been substantially better if the hotel management knew this.

Room Tip: If you are not an extended stay guest, this may not the hotel for you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Renee S,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree
Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills

Been to Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel? Share your experiences!