“Comfortable for our family”

Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wake Forest
GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“Comfortable for our family”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is likely the nicest hotel in Wake Forest. We come down a couple times a year to visit my family. It was great to have a kitchen that included a full fridge/freezer, sink, dishwasher and a microwave with cabinet space. The beds were quite comfortable. They also give you choice of pillows to sleep with. The staff was friendly. We would stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank H K
, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It makes our team's day when we hear such great compliments about our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing the best amenities and the best accommodations at the Candlewood Suites Wake Forest and we're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your family's next visit. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sydney
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I loved my stay at Candlewood Suites WF. Before I left home in Australia I had some questions and Milan answered my emails straightaway. By the time I arrived and met Milan I felt as though we were old friends! Milan is the most friendly, caring, thoughtful and efficient manager, he and his wife are delightful. Nothing is too much trouble, everything is provided with a smile. Their Manager's Reception is fabulous, a number of the guests enjoyed meeting each other over great food. I loved meeting some of the dogs and cats who were staying as guests too - fabulous idea to allow the animal members of the family to stay. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is nice and quiet and very close to shops. Because there are cooking facilities, it was great to be able to stock up on some groceries and come 'home' and quickly prepare a meal. I was part of a group and was very appreciative that our accomodation was arranged in this Hotel. I will enjoy going back to Candlewood Suites WF, thanks to everyone there, it's ideal location & quietness, its cleanliness and it's value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SusieRoo
We'll make it your home away from home is the motto our General Manger and team live by. Thank you for noticing the hard work and dedication our team puts in, we were at tears when we read your review. We look forward to your next visit at your new home: Candlewood Suites Wake Forest! See you soon!
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have run five groups of 25 rooms through this year with Candlewood Suites and our people love it there! We have had tons of compliments on everything from accommodations to staff to management. You would think with groups of this size, we would hear some type of complaints, but no - everyone has been thrilled! We will continue housing our guests through Candlewood Suites Wake Forest. It's a new hotel and certainly the cleanest and best around the area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris H
Thank you for your kind words. It means the world to my team and I. You and your groups have been great guests and it has been an absolute pleasure making our hotel their home away from home. Thank you again for the compliments! We look forward to meeting additional groups soon!
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2012

First let me say, I love this site :> We were able to compare rates offered by at least 5 search engines and then call to get the lowest one. I was offered an accessible room, though I did not ask for one. Though I can get along without one (I walk with a cane) I readily agreed to accept that room.
Secondly, I want to give 12 out of 10 points to Candlewood Suites for their accessibility. I have worked for a disability advocacy organization and I have actually inspected hotel rooms as part of a project. I know what is required. I have personally seen another hotel that took only passing interest in making sure their rooms were accessible. I found just the opposite at this hotel.
There are two weight bearing bars in the shower/tub. The bathroom is more than ample. The beds were perfect, etc. The parking was perfectly placed - not an after thought. The hotel manager told me that the corporation takes accessibility very seriously and makes sure that the designer architects do it right. I believe him 100%. I will be sending a personal note to the head of the corporation.
The beds - oh, my goodness. I've had experiences at hotels at the same level with terrible beds. These beds were so comfortable that I wanted to steal the mattress. I will be investigating their site to find out how to buy one.
The staff was very friendly. Circumstances delayed our arrival by 3 hours to midnight. No problem. There is someone at the desk at all times. We call just to let them know were would be late. We were always greeted and made to feel welcome.
The manager is particularly friendly and gave us a recommendation for an Indian restaurant. We love Indian food.
Near the hotel is a Walgreens and a Target. A very short drive away is a MacDonalds, a great kabob place, and a wonderful breakfast place. The hotel is located in a quiet area but is very close to major highways.
As some others reviewers have said, there is no breakfast offered. No problem. The rooms are well for extended stay so there is a refrigerator, a stove top, microwave oven. We elected to make our own oatmeal for breakfast several time and had light snacks for lunch a few other. There is a snack room where drinks and snacks can be bought on the honor system. Also as noted there is a reception on Tues and Thurs with hot dogs, chicken, snacks, and drinks. A nice touch for sure.
Best yet, the hotel has a business center with a computer that can be used without charge. We do not have a lap top so this was a real treat to keep up with our emails, get directions to various places and do some extra research.
Note that a change of towels and sheets is provided only on request. That was fine for us. Also the water pressure seems slightly low. I assume that is to conserve water which most hotels are doing.
Finally I did note that they are really accomodating on pets. I saw a cat in a 1st floor window and a huge Maraduke type dog being walked in the dog park.
I recommend staying here without hesitation.

Room Tip: They have accessible rooms as noted that meet and exceed ADA standards. These are located right arou...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margo Z
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the kind words, it really means a lot to my team and I. We are excited to see that you enjoyed our beds! Our beds have been the talk of the town since the day we opened. Thank you for noticing! We are happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Milan is the GREATEST general manager I have met.

Just think of him as a long time friend who would want to help you out at any time..

Thank Milan, Can't wait to come back!

Ralph Circelli

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ralph C
Thank you so much for the great compliment for our General Manager. Our entire team called him after we saw your review. We are all delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit, see you soon!
Fort Thomas
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Spent several nights here while our husbands were at a conference. Rooms were very nice and extremely clean! The bed was very comfy and the pillows were some of the best I've ever experienced in a hotel.....yes, pillows are very important! Flat screen TVs in both living area and bedroom. Nice large desk area for anyone on a business trip. Dinner catered by local restaurants on Tuesday and Thursday. Small selection but a very nice "perk". Get there early though. There were large groups of construction workers staying in the hotel when we were there and the food went quickly! They also had free beer and wine on those nights!

The hotel does not have a pool. The only thing I wished they had was an outside seating area or courtyard. The weather was beautiful when we were there and we would have loved to be able sit outside to read or have a cocktail in the evening. There were several chairs next to the parking lot, but not conducive for outdoor enjoyment.

All things considered, it was a nice play to stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maryjo W
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It is always pleasant to hear that our customers are satisfied. Our development team spent a tremendous amount of time picking and choosing every aspect of the hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel. It is also exciting to hear that you enjoyed our Manager's Reception!

In regards to the outside seating area or courtyard, we do have a beautiful Gazebo strategically placed behind our hotel with seats and tables. We also have an enourmous 6 burner Weber Grill next to it. In addition, at the entrance of our hotel, we have two custom made oak benches where we frequently see guests relaxing. We apologize for not having a pool, but we are a green hotel and most Candlewood Suites hotels do not have swimming pools. However, Wake Forest does have a public pool and the Rex Wellness Center also has olympic size pools for public use. Hopefully on your next visit, we can guide you to those places to enjoy a nice dip in their clean pool!

We enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for allowing us to accomodate you and thank you for staying at the number 1 ranked hotel in Wake Forest, NC. We look forward to accomodating you in the near future! Best wishes!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2012

stayed 6 nights. great place nice rooms awesome staff

Room Tip: this hotel even has smoking rooms! if you like food available in your room, they have the fridge, st...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
jsbyron, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for all the great compliments. Our team was very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us, thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wake Forest
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest
Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest
Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center

Been to Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel? Share your experiences!