“Good place, good prices”

Charlie's Kabob Grill
Ranked #3 of 146 Restaurants in Wake Forest
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a very good place but I really don't understand all of the five star reviews. The people are very friendly and the service is great but the food is about the same as other middle eastern restaurants around the area. The amazing thing to me is when my daughter eats here even if it has been a month or two they remember her order. Recommended hate to bring down the rating a bit but it is very good not outstanding to me. Now my daughter would give it 5 stars as it is her favorite place.

There are newer reviews for Charlie's Kabob Grill

Reviewed December 1, 2012

A couple friends and I dined here on a Friday evening. It was my friends' second time trying Mediterranean food and Charlie was so helpful in deciding what to order. Charlie also offered free samples to ensure we would enjoy what we ordered. While we were eating our dinner, Charlie came over to our table to ask how we liked the food. I had the Greek Gyro, 'Troy', and it had delicious chunks of grilled sirloin steak. All the food we had was fresh and tasted like home made!
Like my title of this review states, Charlie's Kabob Grill is not just for lunch as it's a great place to eat for dinner as well!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We both love Mediterranean food and Charlie's Kabob Grill is absolutely scrumptious. On our first visit the owner recognized us as new customers and sent over complimentary desserts. And on another visit we shared a plate of food and were sated. Much to our delight, the menu offers a lot of variety, both meats and sides. Staff is welcoming and attentive.

1  Thank Schatzi04
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love Charlie's Kabob... in fact, its one of my go-to places for lunch. Love their daily lunch special of a gyro, fries and a drink for around $5. I don't typically like hummus, but I can't get enough of it at Charlies. The staff is so friendly-- they know us by name as well as so many other customers. Once you go, you keep coming back and I guarantee it'll become one of your favorite places to eat in WF. Either location- on Capital or in Heritage-- is great.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband is Greek and we are always looking for a good gyro. We found it at Charlie Kabobs of Wake Forest!
The food is fresh: pitas were oh so soft and tasty! Meat was freshly sliced and seared on the grill, toppings were ample - lettuce and onion were crispy.
Fries were cooked fresh and topped with fresh garlic for Greek flair.
Prices are very fair: $5 for a gyro, $1.75 for lots of fries.
Will definitely return,
Ambiance: small table and chairs - more of a take out/diner style as compared to a restaurant but I am happy with this. Just wish they would get rid of the fake ivy - nothing but a dust collector :)