“Great beers, friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Carolina Ale House

Carolina Ale House
Ranked #17 of 139 Restaurants in Wake Forest
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Great beers, friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just stopped in to sample the beer and hang with one of my friends. The place was packed, so we had to sit at the bar. The bartender was super friendly and the beer was a pleasant surprise. I had a sampler of four beer flights which I enjoyed.

The place was pretty loud, but I wouldn't expect anything different from a sports bar in NC, especially when there is college football playing.

I would go back next time I'm in the area. The food looked decent, so I would like to give that a try.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Frank R

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We usually go to the Ale House at least three times a month for food and drinks. The food and drinks were always just average but we live around the corner so it is pretty convenient. However, my husband and I were treated so horribly at the Ale House tonight that we will never, ever return. The bartender messed up my drink. Sugar was put in my margarita and on the rim of my glass. Then my husband complained the bartender said she would not do anything about it because I drank most of the drink .We asked to see the manager. The mgr did not come, but the bartender stating that the mgr said he would not do anything about it. My husband demanded to see the manager. The bartender then threw the bill at my husband. Finally when the mgr did come instead of addressing the drink situation, he stated to my husband that the waitress said he put his hands in her face, This was not true. The manager was very rude and did not help at all. We were not trying to get a free drink, we just wanted the situation addressed, but they treated us like we were a couple of bums who were trying to get a free drink. We will kindly take our business to the Buffalo Brothers and Chillis that is in the area.

• Visited June 2014
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Typical noisy sports”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

There are several locations of this including Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest. It is your typical sports bar with multiple TV's going, lots of noise and bar type foods (burgers, sandwiches, salads, wings, etc). Food is good but not cheap. Leave this one for the young folks (20-30)

• Visited November 2013
Franklin
“Very good!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went here after house hunting ALL day!! They were so friendly! The food was amazing. The house we ended up buying is close to here and we visit regurally.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SophieSu
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Good wings, average svc”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wings are always great here, best around town I believe. Beer selection is also very good. If you are at a table you might find yourself waiting for a fair bit for a waiter/waitress to stop by, especially to check on you after taking an initial order. Food has occasionally come out cold as well because it wasn't brought out right away.

• Visited January 2014