“cockroach infected”

Econo Lodge Wade - Fayetteville North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wade
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here , booked 2 rooms for two families. Both rooms are cock roach infected. Horrible, stay away. Had to stop over from NJ to florida at this place. Beds were smelly, was tired to cancel it. Didnt expect Days Inn to be so bad.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Wade - Fayetteville North

Reviewed December 5, 2012

How awful !! Had a coupon for walk-in rate, desk clerk said all these rooms were taken but once confronted, managed to find one for us at the foot of the stairway. Several electrical problems - lights shorting out, towel rack falling off the wall, HIGH level of noise coming from guests outside and the rooms above the units. Terrible place to stay -- never again. We had planned to stay on our return home but opted not to. Depressing !!

Room Tip: Never, ever take a room near the stairs to the second floor. Although opting for a second floor wou...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The water was hot which I liked but there was no pressure from the shower head. I tried to adjust it but to no avail. I appreciate the fact that this Days Inn was pet friendly. The breakfast was good but the eggs were cold

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed November 15, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed October 25, 2012

While I expected to find few amenities at an inexpensive motel, I did expect to find a clean room. I was checked into a "Non-Smoking" room that clearly used to be a smoking room. The bathroom still smelled like stale smoke (either from the vents or the paint). The walls in my shower were filthy with what looked like mildew and the towels were thin and stained. My parents stayed in a separate room and had the same experience. The wifi did not work at all, when we called the front desk they said someone would be right over, then no one ever came. Once we got tired of waiting, we called to say we were going to dinner and they said "Oh we reset the server, you should be good now". We never did receive service. When we complained upon checkout, the clerk said he would look into it, that this was the first complaint he had. He must have meant that day, because there is no way we were the first to complain. Also, the hotel restaurant was cash only, which of course, there is no where nearby to get cash without paying huge withdrawal fees.

Room Tip: Cleanliness was completely lacking and wifi is a false advertisement.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'm not sure why there are so many poor reviews. When I walked in I was not assisted right away because the receptionist was on the phone, but she soon asked to be dismissed because someone was waiting on her. She apologized and quickly checked me in. She warned that the wifi might not be working very well, but I was able to connect to a network and it worked fine. We had a room on the second floor. The room was clean, and all the lights, TV, A/C worked perfectly.

The best part about the room was the price. I picked up one of those coupon booklets from a McDonald's and got our room for a measly $40. Included with the coupon was a 5 dollar gas voucher for the gas station across the street, so in the end, it was basically 35 bucks. Not bad at all. It was the cheapest price of any hotel in the coupon booklet, and it was a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at Days Inn here and were impressed by the staff's helpfulness. After rushing to get ready to cross the state in the afternoon; 15 minutes down the road I realized I had left some photographic equipment in my room. We returned and were very happy to be reunited with the articles. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wade
Econo Lodge
Hampton Inn Dunn
#1 of 7 in Dunn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dunn I-95
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South

Been to Econo Lodge Wade - Fayetteville North? Share your experiences!