“Hotel Review”

Econo Lodge Wade - Fayetteville North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed October 25, 2012

While I expected to find few amenities at an inexpensive motel, I did expect to find a clean room. I was checked into a "Non-Smoking" room that clearly used to be a smoking room. The bathroom still smelled like stale smoke (either from the vents or the paint). The walls in my shower were filthy with what looked like mildew and the towels were thin and stained. My parents stayed in a separate room and had the same experience. The wifi did not work at all, when we called the front desk they said someone would be right over, then no one ever came. Once we got tired of waiting, we called to say we were going to dinner and they said "Oh we reset the server, you should be good now". We never did receive service. When we complained upon checkout, the clerk said he would look into it, that this was the first complaint he had. He must have meant that day, because there is no way we were the first to complain. Also, the hotel restaurant was cash only, which of course, there is no where nearby to get cash without paying huge withdrawal fees.

Room Tip: Cleanliness was completely lacking and wifi is a false advertisement.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New Holland, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'm not sure why there are so many poor reviews. When I walked in I was not assisted right away because the receptionist was on the phone, but she soon asked to be dismissed because someone was waiting on her. She apologized and quickly checked me in. She warned that the wifi might not be working very well, but I was able to connect to a network and it worked fine. We had a room on the second floor. The room was clean, and all the lights, TV, A/C worked perfectly.

The best part about the room was the price. I picked up one of those coupon booklets from a McDonald's and got our room for a measly $40. Included with the coupon was a 5 dollar gas voucher for the gas station across the street, so in the end, it was basically 35 bucks. Not bad at all. It was the cheapest price of any hotel in the coupon booklet, and it was a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at Days Inn here and were impressed by the staff's helpfulness. After rushing to get ready to cross the state in the afternoon; 15 minutes down the road I realized I had left some photographic equipment in my room. We returned and were very happy to be reunited with the articles. Thanks so much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New Windsor, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2012

. Door and dead bolt did not close properly. When I called about lock, was told someone would come right away. While waiting, noticed room smelled terrible, bathroom seat was wet and..air conditioner did not work. After about 20 minutes for "right away" to come, My wife and I decided to go to the front desk to advice him that we were not staying because of the condidtions. I advised the desk clerk to provide a refund and was advised that it would have to come from Orbit. The manager appeared at this time and I advised him f the condidtion of the toom. He went to the room and called to me as I was packing up to leave. When I arrived at the room, he showed me the air conditioner controls and stated that I had turned on the heat instead of the air conditioner. To put it mildly, he was mistaken. As I returned to my car, he stated several times, "It is not our fault, the room is okay. We left, and continued ion to New York. The owner of the Hotel refused to respond to the Orbit Agent in areasonable time frame, causing the Orbit Agent to give me the number for Coorporate Days Inn. I have asked them to investigate. Days Inn Corporate has access to these reviews, the vast majority terrible. They should be ashamed. The North Carolina Board of Health should pay a visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Wade hotels

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The rooms were really clean. The front desk were very friendly. The breakfast was also great. The Best Hotel For The Best Price. I would recomment this place to every one . The very first motel ive stayed in that gives u a hot breakfast and clean rooms for only 60 dollars.

• Stayed June 2012
Irving, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever came stayed. I am truck driver and I am not clean person but this is unhealthy. This hotel should be closed as healthy hazard. I am out words to explain. The people from healthy safety pay a visit here. the whole room, carpet, beds and bedsheet are all dirty. Air conditioner is full of dusty. I went to bed to relax and in 5 minutes i was itching. In the middle of the night I went to my truck and slept there. Cz I could take it. I spent $60.00. I would advice anyone to go and pay $200.00 and stay cleaner hotel. I did know at time. I notice later I brought some bugs with me. I throw out my mattress and clothes. I spent 2 days spraying, cleaning my truck . I dont know how this hotel stays open.

I would advice any1 not to stay here.

Byr

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wade
Econo Lodge
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Hampton Inn Dunn
Hampton Inn Dunn
#1 of 7 in Dunn

Been to Econo Lodge Wade - Fayetteville North? Share your experiences!