“Moving Experience”
Review of The Mast Farm Inn

The Mast Farm Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Our visit to the Mast Farm was magical. My husband and I, along with our adult daughters, were touched by all of the extra attention that was bestowed upon us by the special people who make the farm what it is. Their attention to detail and desire to make our stay unique and unforgettable was extraordinary. Along with the sheer beauty surrounding us in Valle Crucis came amazing accommodations that allowed us to experience the true flavor of North Carolina, one that will remain with us forever.

Highlights of our stay include, but are not limited to, taking the Blue Ridge Mountain curves in the Porsche speedster we rented from Henri of Club Ferdinand (available on-site at the farm), drinking French champagne while rocking in our chairs on the back porch overlooking an incredibly peaceful view, witnessing for the first time the sparkling dance of lightning bugs in the field after the sun went down, the luxurious bed and spa tub in our spacious upstairs room in the Granary (accentuated by beautiful music), and in the morning, what has to be the most delicious oatmeal ever!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Sarah051

Reviewed May 25, 2008

As you approach the little community of Valle Crucis via a two lane country road you will find a cozy & beautiful place currently covered with spring flowers The Mast Farm Inn. When you walk into this historic house you are greeted by Sandra & Gaetano, who couldn't be friendlier and shown to your room where no keys are required, however; you do have the option of requesting one.
After you have checked in and grabbed your glass of Champagne which they serve at 5:30 you can head to the front porch where you can sit, relax and enjoy the fresh mountain air.
That evening we choose to dine at the Inn where the food is prepared by Maria, who uses family recipes and adds a southern flair to them. Every meal we had breakfast & dinner was delicious and fresh and to top it off each menu written daily by the former author/owner Henri who uses his creative talent to surprise you every time you dine. We did decide to dine one night away from the Inn at the Mtn. Tavern & Grille which I would NOT recommend. The food was mediocre at the Inn is far better than the Grille. So don’t waste your time driving there.
Overall if you are looking for a cozy, relaxing, no cell phone, and no computer mountain getaway…This is the place!!

Oh...by the way Henri if you read this I was very surprised you could not find anything on me. :)

1  Thank Msjennay
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Delicious food, wonderful service, beautiful restful environment. Could not have been better. Also has excellent vegetarian options.

1  Thank stilkidz
Reviewed May 9, 2008

What a gem! great location, service and accommodation. also hired a porsche for the day through them, great few days away. excellent staff make for a very individual break.

1  Thank beckyhskns
Reviewed April 30, 2008

My husband and I were recently married at the Mast Farm Inn. We, as well as our family and friends, enjoyed wonderful service which included exceptional dining and to die for breakfasts! Our entire weekend was perfect, aside from the weather, but the staff went above and beyond to make this a truly special weekend that we'll never forget.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlotteAhb
Reviewed April 15, 2008

We were blown away by all the personalization and their attentiveness to detail. My husband and my parents and I all shared one of the cottages (we were given a free upgrade to Raspberry Hill), and truly enjoyed ourselves even though the weather was dismal and cold. They emailed a questionnaire before the visit and had a dog-eared, pre-highlighted booklet that had attractions and other things to do - we followed their advice and had several nice outings and we'd never been to the area before. The personalized menus were funny and charming, and I have a very restrictive diet that they worked with me on so I could have breakfast each day.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mandiem
Reviewed April 1, 2008

The Mast Farm Inn exceeded all of my expectations for an outstanding Bed and Breakfast. As a frequent visitor of B and B's in this and other countries, I knew I had chosen the "right one" for my visit to the "high Country". I was upgraded to the Loom House upon my arrival because the hostess thought it would give more peace, serenity, and privacy for my weekend getaway as a single woman. It was absolutely wonderful! The attention to detail is very obvious. The friendliness and down-to-earth nature of all the people was very refreshing!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Cliff Dwellers Inn
Cliff Dwellers Inn
#9 of 16 in Blowing Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone

Been to The Mast Farm Inn? Share your experiences!