“New Family Cabins are Great”
Review of The Mast Farm Inn

and 1 more site!
The Mast Farm Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family stayed in one of the family cabins for a weekend get-away. My children are 6 and 2. The cabin is beautifully decorated. I was extremely impressed with the look, and feel of the cabin. It was very comfortable, and suited our needs. I highly recommend it for a get-away. It truly feels like a mountain escape. Morning coffee on the porch equals perfection.

Breakfast was fabulous the next morning, but with younger children, and having a full-kitchen in your cabin, I would talk to the innkeepers about deducting breakfast for you stay if you are there for more than one day. You need to at least experience breakfast once though. The inn serves one gourmet breakfast entree daily. The grits are delicious. The menu changes daily. My six year old did well with the gourmet breakfast, but my two-year-old wasted hers because well, she is a two-year-old. The kitchen in the cabin is equipped for simple meals. It's a lovely, modern kitchen. By the way, the coffee in the cabin is delicious.

I think Mast Farm is the perfect, romantic get-away inn. My children felt very welcomed, but I think to get the most out of this bed and breakfast inn, I would plan a trip without the kids. We did love the basket of children's books in the cabin. Such a lovely touch.

We loved our stay, and loved walking around the property. I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I decided at the last minute to make a quick trip to the Valle Crucis area. I've always wanted to stay at the Mast Farm Inn. The Loom House was available for 1 night, which online looked very charming. Opening the door, we went back in time. Oh how charming it was! I couldn't wait to call my Mom and Dad and tell them all about it. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was outstanding. Be sure that you eat dinner at the Inn, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Quiet areat. We looked at all of the rooms and all are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

With the reviews here on tripadvisor and a strong recommendation from a family friend, we were expecting a lot from the Mast Farm Inn. The hotel stay and breakfast definitely fit the bill. This review and rating doesn't cover dinner, which for the price, wasn't near what we expected (it was good, but didn't wow us). The hotel on the other hand, was fantastic. Our room was quaint and the bed and bedding may have been one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. It felt like pure luxury. The claw foot tub and bath salts were a great touch as well and I enjoyed a relaxing bath each night. The room was decorated nicely and we loved the music and vintage reading materials provided. The location in Valle Crucis was great. We enjoyed our trips to Banner Elk, Grandfather Mountain, and Linville Falls, as well as exploring the Mast General Store and the neighboring Watauga River. Such a peaceful place and great getaway if you want to relax, or a perfect home base for exploring the fantastic hiking in the area.

Breakfast, especially the french toast, was amazing. We really enjoyed breakfast and coffee service each morning. Like someone else posted, I was a little surprised to not have any sort of evening snack or reception like you find at many other b&b's. We were starving when we arrived (there was one cookie for each of us in our room which we devoured), but for an inn with such a focus on food we were definitely surprised that there wasn't something in the common area late afternoon/early evening.

Overall, great place. Lovely room, attractive grounds, convenient location. I'd go back and just save the money we spent on dinner.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Cute inn with friendly staff. No arrival treats and for an inn who is known for culinary foods, one would think some homemade treats (cookies, etc.) upon arrival or evening treats would welcome guests and take minimal effort.

Room Tip: Joe Mast is cute as can be, but located on main road and noisy from all the traffi, trucks, etc.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KellBellHocking
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had a fabulous weekend at the Mast Farm Inn and as usual can’t wait to go back next year! We are long-term repeat visitors (since 2002, I believe) and the Inn never disappoints. It’s even better since you guys took over. Dinner on Friday night was fabulous – short ribs are one of my husband’s favorite dishes. The caramel ice cream was to-die-for and Velva (sp?) is a treasure. Mam’s Refuge was well decorated and very comfortable and we really enjoyed having a full kitchen.

Room Tip: For this visit, we stayed in one of the new cabins - Mam's Refuge. Very quiet and peaceful with...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carolinagirrrl
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Had a fabulous stay at Mast Farm, incredible food, wonderful service, lovely surroundings!!! Can't say enough good things!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erin O
Reviewed March 7, 2012

If your travels take you to the Boone area and you are a connoiseur of amazing food and lovely Inns/B&Bs-look no further. The Mast Inn has memorable food/borderlining on out of this world coupled with great customer service.

At the Mast Farm Inn, you have the option of staying directly in the Inn or up the short walk to one of the private cabins. We rented a cabin with a great set up; bedroom, large bathroom, living room, fridge and sink and shared hot tub. Perfect.

Great destination Inn for the weekend with lots to do in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
Meadowbrook Inn
Meadowbrook Inn
#7 of 16 in Blowing Rock

Been to The Mast Farm Inn? Share your experiences!