“A truly magical weekend”
Review of The Mast Farm Inn

and 1 more site!
The Mast Farm Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Reviewed August 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Mast Farm Inn from July 30-August 3, 2007. There are not enough words in the English language to describe how special and wonderful our experience was. We stayed in Nell's room - a large, spacious, and tastefully decorated bedroom. The bathroom was small but hey, the place was built over a century ago! Each morning, around 8:00 AM, a coffee basket was delivered. Breakfast was delicious, especially the quiche. We had dinner one night at the Inn and it was perfection. This is truly 5 star dining at its best. I would love the receipe for the flourless chocolate torte!

The grounds are lovely, dotted with historical buildings. We really appreciated the vintage books and magazines about the area in our room. Otherwise, we would never have learned about Josie Mast, a master weaver, and the Loom House.

Some previous reviewers complained about the noise from the street. Yes, the Inn is off a two lane country road. The reviewers made it sound like the Inn was off a major highway! Nothing could be further from the truth. We stayed at the Inn in the middle of the summer season. We were never bothered by traffic noise, day or night.

What really makes the Inn a stand out is the incredible service offered by the Deschamps family and staff. We've stayed in many hotels and B and B's throughout the world but the Mast Farm Inn takes top honors in customer service. One morning, we went flyfishing. The night before, we told Danielle not to expect us for breakfast. She made sure that we got an early coffee basket for the trip. A charming note was enclosed for us. I am very allergic to citrus fruits, which can make dining tricky on occasions. We checked the menu and found out an orange carrot soup was the starter. I mentioned my allergy to Danielle. That night, I told our server, Ashley, not to bring me the soup. She immediately informed me that the chef had made a variation of the soup without the oranges. It was delicious! Throughout our stay, the staff was made sure I wasn't exposed to citrus. For once, I was able to enjoy food without sniffling.

We highly recommend the Mast Farm Inn. If you want outstanding service and lodgings at reasonable prices in a peaceful, rural area, this is the Bed and Breakfast for you!

• Liked — The service was outstanding and attentive.
  • Disliked — We loved everything about the Mast Farm Inn!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
13 Thank marivi90804
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 9, 2007

My sister, husband & I stayed at the Mast Farm Inn and our expectations were exceeded by the generous hospitality of our hosts and by all the little extras in our room: robes, luxury soaps, really fine linens, and the list goes on. I see there have bad reviews relating to previous ownership and the fact that the inn is by a road. Let me say that the new owners have gone above & beyond their duties to ensure that your stay will be the most relaxing retreat. As far as being on the road, it is a quiet, country back road that looks directly across to a fleet of antique Porsches (which can be rented from the inn), so there is not much to complain about there! Anyone wanting to be that far from a road or civilization should just go camping in the woods!! We highly recommend this as a place to stay in the Carolina mountains and plan on returning soon for another wonderful stay. Thank you Mast Farm Inn!!!

• Liked — The comforting surroundings and friendly staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
15 Thank InnEnthusiast
Meadowbrook Inn & Suites
#4 of 15 in Blowing Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone

Been to The Mast Farm Inn? Share your experiences!