The Mast Farm Inn
Taylor House Inn(Valle Crucis)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblacksmith shoploom housethe main houseover yondercoffee deliveredwatauga riverwonderful weekendsoaking tubquicheevery morningthe cottagesbanner elkbed and breakfastget awaymodern amenitiesfront porchboone area
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We only had a chance to stay at Mast Farm Inn one night, but it was so beautiful we definitely want to return! The service was FANTASTIC. We got a delightful email the week before we left asking what we wanted to do during our trip and how they could help. When we arrived the hostess at the front desk gave us a great dinner recommendation and place to grab a bottle of wine. When we returned from dinner, there was a basket with two wine glasses waiting for us outside our door! There was a bluegrass concert going on downstairs. We wanted to stay in our room so we enjoyed some of the music but didn't have to sit downstairs or pay. In the morning, there was a thermos of coffee waiting outside our door and the breakfast was delicous. I am vegetarian and they even had veggie sausage for me! HUGE plus! The only complaint we had was the traffic in the morning...i couldn't believe we would even hear a car because of the great location of the Inn, but we started hearing what sounded like large trucks around 6:30. We had the windows open because the weather was amazing so I shut those, but it didn't really help. We dozed on and off but finally got up. I would suggest a room towards the back of the house if possible! We were at the very front in the John Mast room.

Room Tip: Again, we were right at the front of the house so we started hearing a lot of traffic about 6:30 in the morning, request a room at the back.
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We went during the week for a one night getaway and had a great time. The Inn was well-staffed and we were well taken care of. The dinner was excellent and we couldn't have asked for a more relaxing evening nor a better breakfast in the morning. Thanks.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures on the website. They were very helpful and accurate.
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mast Farm Inn this past weekend for a quick one night getaway. The house itself is beautiful. Our room (Elizabeth Grey Vining) was decorated beautifully and had great views of the garden across the street. The setting was peaceful (with the exception of hearing everyone going up and down the stairs) and the breakfast in the morning was absolutely delicious. I'd highly recommend this property!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

My friend and I stayed in the Blacksmith's Shop at Mast Inn Farm for 3 wonderful days. Our cabin was cozy and charming. She slept downstairs and I slept upstairs in the loft just like a little girl again. And I slept well. We ate gourmet breakfasts every morning quiche, homemade yogurt, french toast pies, etc. Fabulous. Our dinner one evening was wonderful, rainbow trout, cream of broccoli soup, hummingbird cake. The restaurant staff was great, the front office staff was exceptional, the champagne and music on the front porch was fantastic. Everything was worth every penny. I would highly recommend the Mast Farm Inn and cabins to everyone!

Room Tip: The Blacksmith's Shop is the best!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We enjoyed our one night stay at the Mast Farm Inn. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Dinner was delicious, although I thought $20 for a corkage fee was a little much. Rooms are clean and quaint.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple