“Farm fresh and delicious”
Review of Over Yonder

Over Yonder
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Over Yonder is a destination restaurant in Valle Crucis, North Carolina; Near Blowing Rock, Boone, Banner Elk, and Linville in The Western North Carolina High Country mountains. Designed, owned and managed by the award-winning Mast Farm Inn, Over Yonder restaurant tells the story of historic Appalachian cuisine in a picturesque setting atop the rolling hills and peaks of Valle Crucis, North Carolina. Located across from the Original Mast General Store, a few hundred yards from The Mast Farm Inn.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were visting Mast General store - and the kiddos were STARVING! Upon exiting Mast I happened to notice Over Yonder and was intrigued by the fact that it had such a picturesque setting and was an old farm house turned into a restaurant. We were blown away by the food. It was simply delicious! Kids had gormet grilled cheese sandwiches. My burger was super fresh and juicy. The mint lemonade was very refreshing.

We are definately adding Over Yonder to our "must do" list for the next trip to the mountains! Try it you won't be sorry. -- If the weather is nice ask to sit outside - we wish we had.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was hoping for a nice cozy lunch spot and I sure found it! Right across from the original Mast General Store (also not to be missed!) Not a run of the mill eatery. New to the area and in an historic home. Beautifully restored and decorated, down to the pretty fresh flowers on each table. I had a wonderful quiche and fresh salad, and my husband had the delicious pork chop, slaw and beans. Upscale food at a very reasonable price. Excellent service. They are definitely doing things right!

1  Thank hellokris
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our lunch so much! The menu is loaded with so many enticing options it was hard to decide. In the end we enjoyed the Pimiento Cheese appetizer which was awesome. It's thicker than what you would expect from a pimiento cheese but the flavor is out of this world, particularly with the accompanying chow chow. My husband had the burger which was probably the most flavorful burger I've ever experienced. We did think that the "fries" that were listed would be actual fries but they turned out to be ribbon chips. Nevertheless, they were delicious and when my husband asked our server he even told her that after he tasted the chips he wouldn't have wanted the fries any way. I had the tomato cobbler and, man, words can't describe. It comes to the table EXTREMELY hot and I literally had to let each bite cool on my spoon before I could even think of eating it. Luckily it comes with a fantastic salad with mustard vinaigrette to enjoy between bites. Flavor and texture were right on point with this one. We had hoped to enjoy the chocolate chess pie for dessert but it was still baking and would have been a 15 minute wait had we wanted to enjoy it. We had other things to do so we passed and to be frank, I'm not sure where I would have put it anyway. We will certainly be back!

1  Thank MrsWilson04_09
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had the best time at this casual restaurant. They stop serving at 7 and that was a bit of a bummer but the food was really good. We enjoyed the roasted okra appetizer as well as the pimento cheese -- both excellent. Our large table had an array of menu items and all were very nice. Our server was Will and he was prompt and helpful. The food was a great value and was very tasty.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had lunch here with a friend this weekend and everything was perfect. Service was attentive. Menu was accommodating while not being too big. The atmosphere was incredible. A beautifully restored house in historic Valle Crucis, sitting on a hill overlooking the valley below.

I started with the Pork Fat Fries. I couldn't stop eating them.

We both had the BLT with a cup of the gumbo. Both items were perfectly prepared with fresh ingredients and presented well.

All together, the entire experience was worth writing about and both of us will return.

2  Thank jdubyapepper