Lazy Bear Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Valle Crucis
See available hotels
  • Pool
Courtyard Boone(Boone)
View Hotel
All reviewskoi pondb bblack beansmountain splendordeck overlooking the mountainsseparate tableshomemade cookiesstuffed french toastboone areaprivate porcheggs and hash brownsunder new ownershipbed breakfastbreakfast was excellentlost creekthe original mast general storegarden room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The attention to detail is so apparent at The Lazy Bear Lodge. The Inn Keepers, Ann and Mark do an amazing job maintaining and upkeeping every part of the lodge. You are immediately calmed by the beautiful wild flowers, vines, waterfall and coi filled pond on your walk up to the porch. Bo & Bella are the two resident dogs who love everyone and are calm and well mannered, and so luvable! The rooms are better than any Ritz Carlton room that we have visited. The plush bedding and soft linens add to the antique, handcrafted furniture. Each room has its own bathroom and tub/shower. The water pressure and abundance of hot water is always great! Hand made soaps, plush towels and bathrobes complete this. Wonderful views from every room. Oh! and the farm fresh breakfast cannot be beat! Nothing like farm fresh eggs or french toast with banana's foster! It is a wonderful retreat that we try to make a couple times a year!

Room Tip: We love the rooms that face the mountains... but all of the rooms have great views and seem equal in quality.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed May 20, 2012

What a beautiful property overlooking the mountains! We stayed 2 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Anne, the innkeeper, was so accommodating and hospitable. She welcomed us, helped us with choosing the right place for dinner and made the reservations. I felt like I was visiting an old friend. Our room was spacious and cozy, with a private deck to watch the birds flying to the feeders. The breakfast was perfect in a dining room with separate tables, yet cozy enough to converse with other guests. On the second morning the weather was warm enough that we sat outside out on the deck. A very relaxing and pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms don't have the occasional sound of people going up and down the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NCTime
mawinkelman, Owner at Lazy Bear Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. When coming back to the area we welcome you back home.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This trip was my first experience staying at a true bed and breakfast and it was lovely. With a spa room, a gift shop featuring art and jewelry from local craftsmen/women and the calibur of the food, I felt like I was at a special resort. The trip was a gift from my mother and we will absolutely be back. If you can, and the weather cooperates, you should be sure to plan a day just to spend in your room and around the property. I could have sat on our private deck all afternoon and been completely content. We were able to enjoy an exceptional off-season deal and stayed three nights for the price of two.

Room Tip: The Hummingbird Room has two beds and its own private deck.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sc34247
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I (we're in our twenties) recently spent a night at the Lazy Bear Lodge. It was a wonderful experience! We stayed in the hummingbird room---great views, amenities, and the overall feel was very inviting. The owners were very hospitable; they made us feel welcomed yet respected our privacy at the same time. The breakfast was fantastic! Lots of delicious, freshly made choices. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for some cozy, quiet time in the mountains!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs seem to be more private & have the jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily S
Reviewed December 25, 2011

When I return in April, it will be my third visit to this exceptionally wonderful Bed and Breakfast. Anne goes out of her way to make your stay one of a kind and you feel so comfortable just as though you were in your own home. Lovely rooms, delicious food and even a massage which is a real treat. Of all the many places I've been, this is one of the best and I know you'd love it too.

Room Tip: I've tried a couple of the rooms but loved the mountain view one the most.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo