“Wonderful, relaxing B&B experience!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valle Crucis
Valle Crucis Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 6 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was our first vacation together, and neither of us had stayed in a B&B before. We didn't know exactly what to expect but Suzanne and Damon made us feel right at home! Both of them were extremely accommodating, so much so they fit us in last minute because I made the reservation for the wrong dates! I can't even imagine what would have happened if we missed out on this experience. The breakfasts were gourmet and the portions were large so we never left hungry. Every morning Suzanne and Damon were asking what our plans for the day were and they would always give us some helpful hints so we didn't miss out on a thing! They have all sorts of wonderful suggestions!

The mountain view room is gorgeous, and the view in the morning and evening is breath taking. They have a cute little fireplace in the room that emits very low heat which was nice because I don't like being too hot when I sleep. They also have central heating if it gets too cold. The beds are so comfortable that sometimes after breakfast and before beginning our day we would both jump back in for another 30 minutes! There are layers of pillows and the most comfortable blankets. If you don't want to stay in your room they also have a common area with a fire place that has a very convenient on/off switch and comfortable couches!

The property was very cute too! We loved every minute, and almost asked if we could stay an extra day but we both got called into work and had to leave on schedule. It certainly was a hard decision to leave The Valle Crucis B&B. We will definitely be staying here again next January.... and maybe even this summer! Thank you so much Suzanne and Damon! We really enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 1, 2012

This was our first trip to the mountains and our first time at the Valle Crucis B&B and we are looking forward to returning soon! The place is beautifully decorated and the atmosphere is warm and cozy. We stayed 2 nights and breakfast was wonderful both mornings. The carmel french toast was excellent! The innkeepers, Suzanne & Damon were welcoming, friendly and genuinely nice people. They had helpful suggestions of area attractions and directions and we enjoyed chatting with them. We spent one stay skiing at Sugar Mountain, which was just a short 15 minute drive. I'm not sure when we'll have the opportunity to return to the area, but we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Pinecone room upstairs. Very cute! The views from the window were of the woods, so...
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Thank you Damon and Suzanne for the wonderful atmosphere that you provided for Julie and I this past week. I was thoroughly happy with the Sheriff's Suite, breakfast was out of this world and you guy's were great!!! Hope to see you again soon...

David and Julie Russell
Youngsville, North Carolina

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We decided to go to the mountains to cut a Christmas tree. Staying at Valle Crucis Bed and Breakfast was the best decision we made. It beat our expectations by far and I always seem to find something to complain about but the Bed and Breakfast was amazing and Susanne and Damon were amazing. They are both very warm and welcoming people. They recommended a tree farm near by and the trees were fabulous.

We intend to make this a new tradition in our family. We look forward to seeing our new friends at Valle Crucis Bed and Breakfast next year and many years to come. We hope to see them in the late spring or summer as well.

The breakfast was tasty and filling but very healthy as well. Thank you for making our trip to the mountains fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed at in Mountain View but considering Suzanne and Damon, they are probably all wonderful.
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is one of the best places to stay ever, we actually stayed Sept 2009 but didnt leave a review at the time, We stayed in the Sherriffs Office which my kids loved and our friends who were with us from the UK stayed in the Bank the rooms were lovely and very clean, Breakfast was fantastic and they just couldnt do enough to help us enjoy the stay! Its really close to Boone, Grandfather mountain and lots of other great things to see but peaceful and so pretty I dont live in the usa now but if i ever come back to NC I would love to stay again and would advise anyone to stay its just lovely

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Just returned from Valle Crucis Bed and Breakfast where we had a wonderful weekend with Darren and Suzie and their adorable little boy Dylan! Not only was the "Sheriff's Office" a real treat, but we were treated like long lost family. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and getting to know the hosts. The bed was comfortable, the decor outstanding, and seeing 3 deer outside our suite in the evening was thrilling!
I have special dietary needs, which I did not disclose beforehand, and the owners went out of their way to accommodate me on short notice ( and I did not think it was their responsibility to do so!). The breakfasts were delicious and filling. We loved the carmel french toast, and the Gluten Free pancakes and egg souffle. Although we did not partake, it looked as if they had snacks out in the evening for their guests as well.
Not only will we refer others to this outstanding place, but will hopefully be back in the near future! We have been to the Boone, NC area several times, but have never stayed in such a fun and inviting place ( and that says a lot, since we have been to other nice places). Not a complaint, but if you are elderly, I should note that there are many steps to the main house, and if staying in the Sheriffs' Office, it is difficult to get in and out of the EXTRA large Jacuzzi tub- there are no hand rails, and it is a deep step in to the tub! You may wish to stay in the main house where it is easier to access the shower. A few years from now, I might not be able to manage it! LOL!
Thank you Suzie and Darren for such fun conversation ( Darren I will NEVER tell your funny stories....save them for the next guests).
If on the fence about a B&B, do not hesitate to give this one a try....you will not regret your choice!

Room Tip: Sherrifs office was great fun, but more expensive. Whole place is fabulous~
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Valle Crucis Inn and enjoyed our stay. The innkeepers are on site and are very hospitable. Suzanne made us feel very welcome and is a very empathetic person. The inn is in a very picturesque location with beautiful views. Fall decorations added to the ambiance. The main building is only about twenty years old and is very well maintained and clean. Our breakfast was very good, very traditional and so good for families with children.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wilderness Room and really liked it. One thing that is a little odd is that the pr...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Valle Crucis Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!