“Bob”
Review of Taylor House Inn

Taylor House Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very attractive Inn with clean rooms, no high tech stuff- no widescreen tv, and in fact most of the rooms apparently don't have tvs. I stayed there as I was attending an Aoife O'donovan Concert
at ASU in Boone. From Charlotte I took I-77 north to 421 north, to 105/221 south to Broadstone, to 194 south, a little longer but simpler way - take 421 North to where it connects with 194 South
a few miles north of Boone. Be advised that the driving is a little challenging on the twisting
mountain roads in this area, and fog can really be a factor also, but that's part of the adventure!

Room Tip: Inn has a main house plus cottages. Road noise not really a factor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 2000Lesabre

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Wonderful experience from reservation to departure. Bernard and Tessa are fantastic hosts and went out of their way to assure I had a pleasant stay. They were attentive, but not intrusive. Had great recommendations for local walks-the Valle Crucis Park, Bernard's directions were more reliable than my phone-which didn't have service much of the time and to top it off Tessa prepared a fantastic breakfast!

I was in Room 5, which is a very large room that looks out onto a creek and pasture with a backdrop of rolling hills and mountains. Wonderfully serene view that can be enjoyed from a window seat. The best part of the room beyond the view was the bed. I have a difficult time sleeping when I'm not in my bed, but I think I was out from the time my head hit the pillow.

An excellent experience all the way around. Molte grazie Bernard and Tessa!

Room Tip: Room 5 faces Hwy 194, a major 2 lane road that during the week has traffic late in the afternoon and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank comeseencmtns
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My fiancée and I loved our stay at the Taylor House Inn. Tessa and Bernard made us feel welcome and were always on hand if we needed anything. The house is beautiful and full of great paintings by Tessa's grandmother and daughter. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast delicious and it even snowed on our last day there. You couldn't ask for more and their rates are really reasonable. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alvah A
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We want to extend a huge "Merci" to Bernard and Tessa for making our weekend perfect! We stayed for 2 nights and this B & B surpassed all of our expectations. Our room was the attic room (top floor of the house). It was incredibly private with king bed, sitting area, private bath with shower and television (one of the few rooms with a tv). I was also very pleased to see that we received house keeping each day! Typically with B & B you don't receive daily maid service. The Inn was also in a wonderful location! Very close to all attractions, yet peaceful and slightly secluded.

Breakfast was a true delight! We have stayed at B & B in the past and expected the traditional offering of fruit, muffins, etc., however we were pleasantly surprised to get a full 2 course breakfast each morning! Delicious!! We were so satisfied that we were able to skip lunch both days and save room for dinner!

Tessa and Bernard were truly wonderful and made us feel as though we were part of the family. We had dinner at the Mast Farm Inn on Friday night and were able to meet their niece who works there. She and the dinner were exceptional! (See review for Mast Farm)

All in all, I truly wish we had been able to stay longer because the Taylor House Inn felt like home. We definitely plan to stay again in the future!

Room Tip: The Attic Room was the most private and had a television.
2  Thank Crystalpalmetto
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Everything about this inn was fantastic. Bernard and his family were extremely kind and courteous. Breakfast was some of the best I've ever had. One afternoon, they made lemon cake and invited everyone down to enjoy. Don't pass up this inn.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 13Carbon
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our recent stay at the Taylor House Inn was excellent! Bernard greeted us when we arrived, and Tessa had warm banana bread waiting inside. The house was beautiful and well kept, and our room was quiet, cozy and very clean. We didn't hear a peep all night, and woke refreshed and renewed. Breakfast was delicious, and Bernard gave us plenty of ideas for places to hike. We spent entire day walking beautiful trails around the property... one took us to the top of Hunt Hill, with breathtaking views of the countryside, and another took us past 3 glorious waterfalls! A trip to the Mast Store made the end of the day complete. Even though we only had time to spend one night, we will definitely be back!

4  Thank Mike D
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had a wonderful time staying in this B&B. Tessa and Bernard were very helpful and wonderful hosts. The breakfasts each morning were delicious and homemade. The house itself is beautiful and the rooms were all very nicely decorated. This place if very quaint and cozy.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 1 (Aunt Sue's room). It was beautifully decorated and had wonderful light in the...
1  Thank DRR111
#3 of 16 in Blowing Rock
Cliff Dwellers Inn
Cliff Dwellers Inn
#9 of 16 in Blowing Rock

Been to Taylor House Inn? Share your experiences!