“Home away from Home!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Home away from Home!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Best part about it is this place is extremely Homey. Check in was quick and easy and in a matter of minutes Bernard had pointed out in a map all the places we wanted to visit! We arrived before check in time but they allowed us to check in early without having to wait. We were not able to have breakfast on either morning but we enjoyed the best red velvet and german chocolate cake for our midnight snacks! Hehehe thank you Tessa!!!!! I would recommend this place without a doubt and would come back anytime!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Carito013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
North Carolina
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a lovely three night stay at the Taylor House Inn. We chose the Inn based on reviews we read online, and we were not disappointed. The house itself was beautiful, and the hospitality offered by Tessa and Bernard was second to none. We arrived in a cold sleet and snow mix to find that we had been upgraded to a larger room in the main house (we had booked a smaller room in a cabin). The heat had even been turned up in our room in anticipation of our arrival. The room was spacious, the bed was comfy, and we had everything we needed. A small refrigerator stocked with water and soda was a welcome surprise. Downstairs, we had 24 hour access to an assortment of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We thoroughly enjoyed each of the three breakfasts that were served during our stay. Everything was delicious, and Tessa enthusiastically embraced the challenge of my husband's dietary restrictions! Restaurant recommendations were excellent, as well, and Tessa even heated up our Italian food leftovers so that we could eat a quick lunch before taking off for an afternoon of skiing at nearby Sugar Mountain. We couldn't have asked for a more pleasant and relaxing stay, and we will surely find our way to the Taylor House Inn again soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BiscuitsMom
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Easily the best bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in! My wife and I checked in late and the owners were very accomodating. They also upgraded our room which we really appreciated! The breakfast was great. The owners were very happy and always had a smile on their face. They were very knowledgeable and had great recommendations for activities and resturants in the area. We will definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank paschalmw
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night with our 5yr old, after a day of snow tubing in nearby Hawksnest. It's a lovely Inn in a beautiful area, and very welcoming. I so enjoyed the delightful breakfast in the beautiful dining room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pia P
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was my second stay at the Taylor House Inn. My son and I stayed 2nights in March 2012 and we happily returned again for a one night stay this past week on Jan. 22, 2013. The owners, Tessa and Bernard, are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. For example, when we arrived for our most current stay, they upgraded our room at no extra charge. I had booked the Little Room outside of the main house, but as soon as we checked in, Bernard said we would be staying in one of the big rooms in the main house.
For each of our stays, Tessa put out a treat like cookies or pie at 5pm or so. They also have complimentary hot tea, hot chocolate, coffee, water, and sodas. In addition, Tessa asked me what we wanted to have for breakfast the next morning as well as what time we needed to eat. The breakfast was wonderful and kept me full all day! Their kindness and hospitality is hard to beat. For each of our stays at the Inn, they offered to help carry things from my car to our room. They also came out in the extremely cold weather to take a few photos of my son and I on the property.
The Inn is conveniently located in Valle Crucis so it is close to everything: Banner Elk, Boone, Seven Devils, Sugar Mountain, Beech Mountain, Hawksnest, Linville Falls, Elk River Falls, Blowing Rock and more. Since the early 90's, I've stayed in lots of bed and breakfasts all over the continental US, Hawaii, Canada, and a few in Europe. The Taylor House Inn definitely ranks amongst the top. ***More about breakfast. As mentioned, Tessa asked me exactly what I would like to have for breakfast. She asked if I would like pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit, etc. I said pancakes, sausage, and fruit would be great. So the next morning we had a huge plate of pancakes, with sausage links, a large bowl of cut up fruit, plus 2 big bananas, orange juice, water, and coffee.**I think it is wonderful that Tess and Bernard allow families to stay at their inn. Since the early 90's, I've stayed in B&B's all over the US, inc Hawaii, also in Canada and Europe. Taylor House Inn ranks amongst the top.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PaigeRw
Huntington, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Perfect overnight stay and great breakfast! The surrounding area is gorgeous. However, the inn is some distance from the ski mountains which is not a problem unless the weather is bad and you are driving at night. Daytime driving is very picturesque.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Matt M
New Bern
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We decided to try the Taylor House Inn the weekend our son graduated from Appalachian State on December 16th. It was only 10 mins. from my son's house. Having never stayed at a bed and breakfast before we weren't sure what to expect.
We were welcomed warmly by Bernard and Tessa and given a beautiful upstairs room with private bath. There was a great window seat overlooking a beautiful meadow across the street. The king bed was very comfortable and the room felt just right. I loved the feel of the house and the "just right amount" of attention from the owners. Breakfast was served in the formal dining room and it was a delicious french twist on eggs benedict.

I would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Boone
#7 of 18 in Boone
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone

Been to Taylor House Inn? Share your experiences!