“You'll Love it Here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tryon
Marilyn's Melrose Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Tryon B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Farmington, Connecticut
“You'll Love it Here”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Several of our relatives stayed here recently, in order to attend a family memorial service. We also gathered together (including those who actually stayed there, and others who were in town, but stayed elsewhere) to have several meals together. We were all very pleased with everything. The interesting and eclectic decor and furnishings, complete with many of Marilyn's own quilts, provided a warm and welcoming atmosphere. There were interesting objects at every turn. The rooms were comfortable and beautifully decorated, each in a distinctive way. The meals, including dinner and two breakfasts, were top-rate. Marilyn personally prepared everything, according to our preferences, and everybody was quite satisfied. She easily accommodated food preferences, including gluten-free and vegetarian. Her breakfasts were truely full breakfasts, and she easily added up to eight extra people, who were not overnight guests, so that we could all eat together. She even provided space for some of us to meet and do "work" related to the reason we were in town. It really felt like we were staying at the home of a dear friend or relative. I highly recommend Marilyn's Melrose Inn. You'll Love it Here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dennis J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great hospitality. We had to shorten our stay at the last minute because of a funeral. I am a pastor. Marilyn was very accommodating. She refunded our Friday stay and allowed us to stay later on Sunday.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at the Melrose Inn for a total of 3 nights and 4 days and I really enjoyed my stay. A very good value as breakfast was included in the price which was made personally each morning by Marilynn and far superior to the "breakfast" you get at one of the corporate chain hotels. On my last day, I even invited some of my friends who live in Tryon and they raved about the food. Also included in the price are a nightly "happy hour" offering free snacks, wine and beer. I stayed in the Africa Room and enjoyed the décor.A stay here is definitely worth the money.

William A. Johnson

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tryon NC
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have no hesitation about giving highly recommending the Melrose Inn to one and all, but especially to my friends and family -those I care most about. We needed pampering, tender loving care, and a vacation from harsh reality. My dear friend and I found exactly that, along with delicious food prepared by our hostess, prompt attention to our every request, and a wonderful porch on which to lounge and put our feet up. This is an experience for those who want rest and relaxation, a beautiful, historic place to explore, and a convenient location within walking distance to the shops, restaurants, entertainment, and historic sites found in downtown Tryon. Both of us left feeling rested and refreshed, and both of us will come back to the Melrose Inn as often as possible, with appreciation for Marilyn's excellent hospitality. Thank you!

Room Tip: Browse the website and choose the room that appeals to you. Each one is different, and absolutely u...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Abbeville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Marilyn's Melrose Inn was a great get away. My husband and I enjoy coming to the Tryon Area. This was our first time with Marilyn and throughly enjoy our stay and the food was delicious. We would highly recommend Marilyn's Melrose Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy P
wellfor SC
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was astounded by the review that was posted recently.it has been my experience that the inn has a very high quality reputation for cleanliness, and quality performance by the owner and employees. There has not been a time when I have visited the inn that I saw any of the items listed in the review. I have to assume that the person was talking about another experience and not the Melrose inn. I don't believe that I have seen any other poor reviews. about the inn. I have been very happy to visit there and it will b e my first choice if I travel again to Tryon.

Room Tip: it is hard to select a particular room for me ,because they all have their own characteristics whic...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank charles k
marilynquilter, Owner at Marilyn's Melrose Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
I truly appreciate your desire to " set the record straight", on behalf of myself and my employees....fortunately the review you mentioned was removed due to its ugly and attack oriented nature....bless my fabulous guests for their time to support the truth! Marilyn
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Even if you can't stay overnight right then, go out of your way to go see Marilyn's Melrose Inn in Tryon, NC. Without question it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen; it is an absolute wonderland! Our room was incredible: beautiful, warm, well-decorated, and clean as a whistle. Every where you look there is something new to catch your eye. The service was incredible--I thought I was in a $500 a night suite! Marilyn is a gracious hostess and a gourmet chef; breakfast and dinner make me drool just thinking about them. I really hated to leave it was so great there. But we will be back--regardless of how far we have to drive!

Room Tip: If you have your doggie with you, Egyptian has a lot of floor space.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville
1906 Pine Crest Inn
1906 Pine Crest Inn
#1 of 2 in Tryon

Been to Marilyn's Melrose Inn? Share your experiences!