“Behind the scenes”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tryon Horse Country Tours - CLOSED

Tryon Horse Country Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tryon Horse Country Tours takes visitors inside the historic horse farms, training centers, and places of interests in one of the most charming equestrian areas in the country. There's plenty of opportunities to see horses up close as well as visit the places of historical or anecdotal interest.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Behind the scenes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been here ten years and took this tour a few months ago. What an eye opener! Libby is smart, articulate and has done her research. She knows this area and its history and brings it right to you. More than just driving by, we got out and toured a few farms and got up close to some great horses. I want everyone who visits to take this tour to appreciate the unique and colorful history this area enjoys!

Inveigh, Owner at Tryon Horse Country Tours, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you. Thank you. What a great tour we had with your group exploring our Horse Country.

Columbus, North Carolina
“A Day in Hunt Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I highly recommend Tryon Horse Country Tours. Libbie Johnson tailors each tour to her clients' interests and delivers a high energy, knowledgeable, fascinating examination of local estates, farms, and facilities in the area. She has access to places "off limits" to most, due to her personal relationships with the owners and managers. You get to see the "insiders" view of properties and hear "lore and legend" you wouldn't have access to hearing unless you were born and raised here. It's a very interesting afternoon!

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much! What a great day we had out with your group out in our great Horse Country!
Columbus, North Carolina, United States
“Brilliant fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Maybe I live here but you can never know enough about a very special place until you go on a well run tour of your area! Yes...I do live here but I learned MORE about the history and fascinating stories of Tryon Horse Country in 3 hours....and I KNOW Libbie has MORE to tell! Even if you don't love horses as I do you will find the historical facts fascinating about who came to play here, live here and why life in this special part of Paradise is so special.
Libbie took our group around in a big comfortable van and told us nonstop stories, drove us up driveways to see homes and farms up close and personal, and our tour began and ended with a great lunch at Stone Soup restaurant where the walls are literally covered with local horse folk photographs ...on horses! A story in itself!
Enjoy something different as well as special next time you are in the Tryon, NC area! This tour is well worth your time and $!

Visited May 2014
Inveigh, Owner at Tryon Horse Country Tours, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you and so glad you had a fun tour experience in Tryon Horse Country.
Lake Lure, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, Informative, magical tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have lived in this town for ten years and thought it would be really fun to take this tour that I had heard so much about. Well, I thought I knew something about the area! I do NOW after taking this super fun tour with Libbie.
This woman keeps you laughing and amazed at the beauty and history of this area I would recommend it to anyone thinking of locating to this area as well as those of us already living here.
Well done Libbie

Visited April 2014
So glad you enjoyed your tour through Tryon Horse Country. Hope you had as much fun as I did.